Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Slight markup...2019...but have you seen what 2019 model 3's are going for with 50-60k miles? See the thing with markups are they are usually set by greedy dealers and not all of em do it. When I bought my 22 Santa Fe a lot of dealers wanted $5k over MSRP but with due diligence, I found one at MSRP just like I'm positive I can find a type r at MSRP, took me 5 seconds to find that one. With Tesla there is no ability to search, their price is what it is lol.
The prices of used Type Rs and used Model 3s are both crazy. That’s what the market is paying though- for both these cars demand outpaces supply significantly. For Tesla the wait times for new Model 3s are significant. For the Civic Type R they are not selling them in the US this year so new isn’t an option. I did find one “new” 2021 a few miles from me, but the fact a dealer would still have this in stock in March 2022 and the “please call for price” seems to be code for “bend over”.

I’ve seen some absurd pricing for Model 3s on Craigslist and FB marketplace but doubt those ever result in sales. Carvana and Zoom always have a steady stream so I doubt people are paying randoms off Craigslist much higher prices that what they could pay for equivalent year/mileage from Carvana.

Attachments

• 53D22AEC-DCC7-499F-92D8-2C4F2B9A04F3.png
    53D22AEC-DCC7-499F-92D8-2C4F2B9A04F3.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 177
I just noticed there is a demo Model 3 LR available locally and it’s an extremely tempting to jump on it. The major problem is it has 2,400 miles on it and after the remove the FSD that I wouldn’t want, the price would still be $1,000 more than what I’m locked in at on my order. Should I pay the extra grand and take the 2,400 miles hit just to be in a Tesla a month or two early??
Not sure if anyone else can answer that for you. Do you need a Model 3 right now, or just want it now? are you car-less and having to take Ubers everywhere ?

I just noticed there is a demo Model 3 LR available locally and it’s an extremely tempting to jump on it. The major problem is it has 2,400 miles on it and after the remove the FSD that I wouldn’t want, the price would still be $1,000 more than what I’m locked in at on my order. Should I pay the extra grand and take the 2,400 miles hit just to be in a Tesla a month or two early??
I would also think about how many test drivers might have done the “pick-and-flick” during their test drive. Boogers can be hard to get out of carpets :)

Yea it's starting to get a little ridiculous. For a base rwd you're at $50k with any modifications to color etc...or over $60k with FSD. Over &70k for the performance. The model 3 is supposed to be their "affordable for the masses" vehicle. And please no one say they're doing it to control orders because they're overwhelmed. If they were smart they would just stop taking orders and catch up. Then once caught up just keep building them and get ahead then open ordering back up. There's plenty of places they can store them. Like at the huge Fremont factory, the over 2 million square foot giga texas or here's an idea, fully stock your service centers as well.

The one near me is huge and has room for a couple hundred cars easily. Just saying. There has to be a better way. This isn't White Castle where your food is made to order and even there I find myself waiting longer than if I had gone to McDonald's where the food is hot and ready to go. McDonald's is always packed and White Castle is usually a dead and it tastes better than McDonald's, at least to me. For all the cars they've sold I can't help but wonder how many they could have really sold if they didn't have insane wait times and prices that are, let's be honest with ourselves, too high for the average consumer... especially now. Let's be real here for a sec, you can get a similar performing car for a lot less and most likely better paint and build quality. A Civic type-r can be had for around $38k with a 0-60 of 5.2 seconds...that's faster than the base rwd model 3 and around the same size. The charger RT is around $40k as well. But because it's Elon and he has everyone hypnotized then it's acceptable...and don't get me wrong I love Tesla but they just need to get their ish together.
Nobody that is smart in business is simply going to stop taking orders when they are selling something that they can't keep up with. You increase pricing. It's the same thing Disney has been doing with their parks in an attempt to control attendance. They aren't closing the parks, they raise the admission prices. Plus, if Tesla decided to stop production, then the secondary market would explode with overpriced used cars because now supply won't meet demand.

I honestly don't think Tesla's are overpriced. Yes, this is the most I've ever spent on a vehicle. I'll be completely transparent: My build, after taxes, delivery and paperwork was $72k ($66k before taxes, registration, etc). A decent, fully-loaded sedan would probably be around $50k. Consider that you'll never be putting gasoline into this vehicle as well as almost zero maintenance costs. I consider it a deal! Oh, and even though they've been around for a bit, you're still an "early adopter" of full EV, as well as purchasing the best-selling vehicle in the world.

For new orders, in many confugurations adding FSD brings the estimated date forward significantly so Tesla is prioritizing orders with FSD. That was not the case up until a week ago (selecting FSD had no effect on the estimated date). It remains to be seen if the timeline of orders that came in prior to that point will be adjusted based on whether FSD was selected or not. Also remains to be seen if adding FSD to an existing order will bump that order up the queue. I think you would need to ask Tesla.

GOT MY VIN!!!!!

OD: 2/2 - EDD March
EDD1: March 14 - March 31
EDD2: April 20 - May 18
EDD3: March 24 - March 31
EDD4: April 8 - May 10
EDD5: March 19 - March 25
VIN Assigned
EDD 3-5 were all changed within a week of each other
Super excited
Crazy! We were just chatting yesterday how we received the same shift to April - May. I am hoping for similar results like you. Congrats

Reactions: mooseGG
It seems that 05/03 - 05/31 (or around that period) is becoming somewhat of a standard EDD for those who ordered mid to late Feb. I think this means we're not planed for Q1, which as much as it sucks having to wait longer, hopefully this means they'll be a bit better quality. 🤞

I must admit, I find being a part of this forum is actually quite helpful. Just knowing others are also waiting - misery loves company! :)

Electrek reported that adding FSD to your order can significantly move your delivery date up:

Most recently, those same EVs are seeing another interesting change to their reservation configurator – Tesla is prioritizing delivery times for Model Y and Model 3 if their respective customers spring for the $12,000 FSD add-on.

Am i twinning with anybody?
LRM3 blue, black int, aero, no fsd. Buying 48394 accessories.
South Florida.
Waiting for what seems like an eternity.
Do i have Twins? Lmfao

Attachments

• 9A10C8F6-13EB-4261-8AFD-0DD2B5B0D7DE.jpeg
    9A10C8F6-13EB-4261-8AFD-0DD2B5B0D7DE.jpeg
    398.9 KB · Views: 71