Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone else check their Tesla account now that non-owners are being invited?
I did, nothing yet …

Can't decide if I want to fork over $5k plus USD->CAD tax for the premium package simply to get my car this year. It looks like it might come down to that. On the one hand I don't want to be carless for another winter, and on the other … all I really want from the premium package is a heated steering wheel and seats.

I did, nothing yet …

Can't decide if I want to fork over $5k plus USD->CAD tax for the premium package simply to get my car this year. It looks like it might come down to that. On the one hand I don't want to be carless for another winter, and on the other … all I really want from the premium package is a heated steering wheel and seats.

I think Model 3 premium package is a bargain. If you want to get all those options in Model S few years ago, it is going to cost you >$10000 USD. I consider the glass roof, phone docking station, premium audio, heated seats/mirrors as essentials. The glass roof gives you more head room and sense of openness in a sedan, the premium audio is awesome according to reviews, and heated seats actually saves energy during winter since you don't need to turn HVAC all the way up.

Heated steering wheel isn't available in any package, and the front seats are heated for all Model 3s. (PUP adds heated rear seats.)

So you may not need PUP at all.

I don't think the base model is going to get heated seats! Tesla didn't mention it. You also won't get heated mirrows.
Model 3

I think Model 3 premium package is a bargain. If you want to get all those options in Model S few years ago, it is going to cost you >$10000 USD. I consider the glass roof, phone docking station, premium audio, heated seats/mirrors as essentials. The glass roof gives you more head room and sense of openness in a sedan, the premium audio is awesome according to reviews, and heated seats actually saves energy during winter since you don't need to turn HVAC all the way up.

I don't think the base model is going to get heated seats! Tesla didn't mention it. You also won't get heated mirrows.
Model 3
I think its a pretty good value too. Id pay 1500 each for glass roof, seat upgrade, and premium stereo, so thats 4500, then 2000 (cdn) for fog lights, interior upgrade, heated dimming folding mirrors, and phone docks, isn't too bad.

Reactions: SmartElectric
I think its a pretty good value too. Id pay 1500 each for glass roof, seat upgrade, and premium stereo, so thats 4500, then 2000 (cdn) for fog lights, interior upgrade, heated dimming folding mirrors, and phone docks, isn't too bad.
'
I live in Toronto. My priority list for the option will be

->AWD first
You get 5% range increase (~20 km), better handling during winter, faster acceleration, plus you will get your car in mid 2018.
I guess it would be a very popular option in Canada.
->premium upgrade next
I like what's included and the price, includes essentials for weather in Canada.
Hope Tesla won't separate the package (aka hikes the price) as production ramps up.
->long range battery third
You could use up to 40% more energy during winter, so if you need to commute >80km every day you will need it.

What do you think?

'

->AWD first
You get 5% range increase (~20 km), better handling during winter, faster acceleration, plus you will get your car in mid 2018.
->premium upgrade next
I like what's included and the price, includes essentials for weather in Canada.
Hope Tesla won't separate the package (aka hikes the price) as production ramps up.
You could use up to 40% more energy during winter, so if you need to commute >80km every day you will need it.

What do you think?
Totally agree. Right order for me. Will probably skip #3 myself since has a Model S, but if one doesn’t have another car for distance travel would be very desirable. But I think a standard battery with 310+ km should handle an 80 km commute pretty well, even in our winters.

'

->AWD first
->premium upgrade next

What do you think?

Are you sure about the 5% range increase?

Our 2013 S85 with 120000 km on it reports 372 km range with 90% charge.

Model 3 SR (standard range) rated at 354 km at 100% charge when new.
After 100000 km and with similar ~3% degradation that would be 342 km.

In Ontario winter, there were no times we needed more range. Supercharger network is far more expansive now.

IMHO, Model 3 SR AWD is completely suitable here in Ontario.

In Ontario winter, there were no times we needed more range. Supercharger network is far more expansive now.

Avoiding superchargers is a bonus -- especially for my wife and kids. I don't mind supercharging but there's something to be said to be able to avoid it.

IMHO, Model 3 SR AWD is completely suitable here in Ontario.

"completely" is a relative, subjective term when using it to discuss how much range is suitable for people.

For example, if someone can't get to their cabin without having to hit a supercharger -- as opposed to a LR 3 which could make it without a stop -- that "completely" is completely wrong for that person -- that's two extra stops each weekend that could have been avoided. And that's precisely why I ordered the 85 over the 60 -- which were the choices when I bought 4 years ago.

For me, range is king -- then AWD, then options.

Reactions: int32_t and doubeld
This is Canada forum? The invitation goes to US non Tesla owner only.

But we're hoping that Canadian owners may get invites over US non-owners, and we use the US tax credit expiry issue as a possible reason that it could happen, especially since our invitation date has been moved by Tesla from "late 2018" to "mid-2018". Call it wishful thinking -- since it may be just that -- but that's the reason we're discussing it in the Canada forum.

Reactions: Falkirk
Well, they have a couple years to get a heated steering wheel and 4 heated seats. If not we’ll go with the new long range Leaf. The Supercharger network would be a bonus but not enough to justify the extra cost or missing heated steering wheel and four heated seats. I’m sure they’ll have it added by the time we get our leafs replacement.

• Funny
Reactions: Canuck