Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Afleveringen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, sorry to write in english - I am totally amazed at how many cars are being delivered in the Netherlands this quarter, it looks like it will be like 16,000 cars by the end of Dec... As a Model 3 owner myself I know how good the car is and I am aware that incentives will change at the end of the year for you, but the numbers are still hard to grasp. For example, Tesla is on track to deliver more cars in Dec in NL than during all of Q1 in Norway (which was Norway´s best quarter ever)! Also more cars in NL this quarter than all of 2018 in Norway. Also likely more than for all of 2018 in Norway.

Trying to understand the dynamics here (from an investor´s and Tesla fan´s point of view).. My guess would be that the incentive change starts the wave and once everyone knows someone who buys a Model 3, the whole thing picks up momentum? What is your take? Thanks for sharing.

The Model 3 is the best selling car in the Netherlands this quarter. Even as a brand Tesla even might finish #1, close after Volkswagen.
Also, the M3 is good for 50% of all EV's sold this year. Incentives are for all EV's. Many EV-brands are not able to deliver (like the Kona), no such problems for the I-Pace, but the sales limits appr 450 cars... Actually, there is no real alternative for the M3.. EV- incventives will continue next year, but less interesting... So, as long as there are no serious alternatives, I expect Tesla to continue selling large number of cars/M3's.

Hi, sorry to write in english - I am totally amazed at how many cars are being delivered in the Netherlands this quarter, it looks like it will be like 16,000 cars by the end of Dec... As a Model 3 owner myself I know how good the car is and I am aware that incentives will change at the end of the year for you, but the numbers are still hard to grasp. For example, Tesla is on track to deliver more cars in Dec in NL than during all of Q1 in Norway (which was Norway´s best quarter ever)! Also more cars in NL this quarter than all of 2018 in Norway. Also likely more than for all of 2018 in Norway.

Trying to understand the dynamics here (from an investor´s and Tesla fan´s point of view).. My guess would be that the incentive change starts the wave and once everyone knows someone who buys a Model 3, the whole thing picks up momentum? What is your take? Thanks for sharing.
Also, the Netherlands is not a very large country, and we have invested quite a lot in charging infrastructure the last years.
A lot of public chargers, and a company as Fastned has build > 100 very reliable fastcharging sites.
Gives people the convidence they can drive an electric car while keeping the same freedom as with a gasoline car.

• Helpful
Reactions: hobbes

Still... you've got a real fair point. It's very unfair how many cars are shipped to the Netherlands in compare to other countries. A lot of them don't specifically want a Tesla... they just want 4% less taxes, and Tesla answers to this demand. In 2020 it will be different.

• Helpful
Still... you've got a real fair point. It's very unfair how many cars are shipped to the Netherlands in compare to other countries. A lot of them don't specifically want a Tesla... they just want 4% less taxes, and Tesla answers to this demand. In 2020 it will be different.

I have the feeling that there is a big difference in demand between the Netherlands and Germany for example, here many people I talk to are still unsure and rather wait for all the EVs to come out next year (VW ID3 etc.). Also, the incentives here will most likely increase next year, so the situation is inverted. Therefore I don´t feel it is unfair for Tesla to prefer NL for now as it obviously helps efficiency.

One other difference is that NL doesn´t have its own car manufacturers I guess, here sone people prefer to buy German brands. And Tesla has its Tilburg facility... Maybe the attitude towards Tesla in Germany will change when GF4 Berlin comes.

Reactions: robertvg
... My guess would be that the incentive change starts the wave and once everyone knows someone who buys a Model 3, the whole thing picks up momentum? What is your take? Thanks for sharing.
You have a valid argument for the tsunami-like Tesla Model 3 wave in The Netherlands.
There are other factors to consider, however. As a matter of fact nearly all newly bought cars over € 35K in NL are company cars. The Dutch EV incentives are aimed at stimulating company ownership. So not only the employees need to be into driving an EV, but the employers and leasing companies as well. Especially those ‘fleet owner’ companies needed some time to get moving. Their initial reluctance has by now switched to fear of missing out (FOMO) on the EV thing.
One year ago not all employees were even allowed to choose an EV (or a Tesla, for all that matters) as their next company car. Employers had strict rules on max MRSP in lieu of TCO limits. Some Luddite insurance companies even banned Tesla’s. Now that those things have changed, pent up demand is being satisfied. Together with largely felt FOMO, these unique circumstances for the current situation arose.

Kudos to Tesla (HQ, Europe and NL) for playing into that!

• Helpful
Reactions: Geo_TM3 and hobbes

EVs are certainly picking up momentum. Tesla is well positioned to take advantage of it all. The only thing I am wondering is how many of 16 000 cars are delivered to drivers and how many are just delivered to leasing companies that will continue selling them over the next months.

• Helpful
EVs are certainly picking up momentum. Tesla is well positioned to take advantage of it all. The only thing I am wondering is how many of 16 000 cars are delivered to drivers and how many are just delivered to leasing companies that will continue selling them over the next months.
Multiple friends and family of mine are collecting theirs these days, I’m one of the on the 27nd:).

The point is ....... Most of the incentives and for sure the 4% taxquotations are meant for bussiness owners and -drivers. Next to the incentives, in the books you can write of the car as your bussiness costs. And another motivation to take an EV, you can lease the Tesla from a leasecompany. Those things combined give a high demand.
Me, myself have one incentive, no roadtax for the coming 3 years. I am a private owner of a Tesla M3 LR AWD. I bought the Tesla pure for envirromental reasons and quality; not for the speed, not for the incentives, not for the thrill, not out of popular reasons, although the car is very nice to drive and easy to charge at home (while I am sleeping).

• Helpful
De aflevering in Amsterdam gaat wel een beetje beter dan via Zeebrugge en Tilburg. Ik herinner mij nog vrijdag 30 maart. De definitieve afleverdatum na drie keer aflever-uitstel van de mijne. Zenuwachtig op de bonnefooi en op goed geluk vanuit Rijswijk met de trein naar Tilburg en vervolgens met de taxi naar de assemblagehal die was omgebouwd naar afleverhal. Samen met mijn vrouw kwam ik aan en pas bij de balie hoorden wij dat de auto inderdaad voor ons klaar stond. Wij mochten gaan zitten in de overvolle ontvangstruimte. Waarschijnlijk omdat ik een particuliere aankoper was werden wij binnen 2 minuten met voorrang geholpen. We kregen volop uitleg en mochten alle tijd nemen om de auto te inspecteren. Weggereden uit de hal en precies voor die deur bleek nog een aantal aerovelgen niet goed te zitten. Die werden door een Australische medewerker die uit London was ingevlogen provisorisch vastgezet. Toen weg gereden en in het weekend zelf rustig nagekeken. In de zon zag ik allemaal washswirls, de bestuurdersdeur sloot niet goed en nog een paar kleine dingetjes. Dus die maandag meteen naar Tesla Den Haag gereden (10 km van huis). Omdat ik de laatste jaren daar geregeld kwam ter voorbereiding op de aankoop kenden ze mij daar en werd ik uitstekend geholpen. Dat ik daar al kind aan huis was, heeft echt geholpen. Bleek een goeie zet van mij.

Ik ben wel benieuwd naar de verhalen van komende week.

• Informative
Reactions: WimW
Inmiddels weer een wijziging vanuit de Leaseplan. In plaats van thuis afleveren, moet ik nu zelf naar Amsterdam om de auto op te halen. Ben benieuwd hoe het daar de 29e aan toe gaat. Ik kan blijkbaar wel mijn huidige leaseauto direct achterlaten op het terrein...