Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3’s reportedly warehoused in Maple

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I call baloney on this supposed warehouse full of cars. Tesla is desperate to get these cars delivered and IMHO would not waste time building or storing them if the variously regulatory prerequisites were not in order first.

The only reason, the only one, Tesla would be storing cars ready to go somewhere around the city is if they're working on a temporary delivery centre with all the "bells and whistles" like they're doing in California. They want the media splash. They want to train new employees to handle deliveries. etc.. etc.. That's the only reason. Otherwise, definitely BS.

Reactions: pmich80
They currently have a Toronto job posting for delivery personnel, not long ago they were hiring for a delivery manager. My concern is how long it is going to take to hire and get everyone up to speed, first deliveries could be a gong show. It would stand to reason they will start no earlier than mid May if they aren't staffed up yet.

• Informative
Reactions: Whisky
They currently have a Toronto job posting for delivery personnel, not long ago they were hiring for a delivery manager. My concern is how long it is going to take to hire and get everyone up to speed, first deliveries could be a gong show. It would stand to reason they will start no earlier than mid May if they aren't staffed up yet.

So the key to closing this thread is, apply for job, get job interview, when they ask, "do you have any questions?" You ask, "yeah, are there any Model 3s being stored in a warehouse in Maple?"

Or ask them when the first day of work will be. :D

FWIW, I did directly ask a delivery adviser on Monday about "rumours" of Model 3s being trucked in already, and he clearly denied such, and said only S and X at the moment. He could of course not be in-the-know (as he also said, he's more front end than understanding the back-end logistics), but it's easy enough to mistake one model for another if you don't get an extended look. (not suggesting the OP is incorrect, just that it's possible to make that error easily).

He also said that as of when I talked to him, official in-depth information about Model 3 delivery in Canada had not been provided to the Delivery Teams, so they are not yet sure how delivery will take place (i.e. if it will be similar to S or X, or different). This suggests to me that delivery is at least 2 weeks away at a minimum.

He also suggested I set aside some time to travel to Toronto in early June to pick up my Model 3 (my config date is April 5)....sounds like a pretty big hint to me.

I took a drive through the Keele north of Teston area yesterday, and checked out the buildings I thought probable locations.

Google Maps

11840 Keele, when I drove past yesterday has a much nicer gate on it now than in the streetview shot, and has dozens of new cars complete with window stickers parked outside, from all different makes. If there is Model 3's anywhere in that area, I would guess its there, possibly inside the building.

I had pulled over and was going to walk up the embankment to snap a few photos and see what I could see, but a police officer pulled over a few hundred yards ahead of me and seemed like he was interested in what I was doing, so I didn't feel like arising his suspicions further, and drove away.

Reactions: Whisky and Tony_YYZ
So are they in Maple?
Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 10.09.21 PM.png

Well after watching his nav screen he is navigating toward Consumers Road North York. So not Maple.
I guess Tesla uses that parking lot for X and S as well. The Apple map shows the lot full of them.
Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 10.52.12 PM.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck