Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mike Maloney's roadster totalled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
>That roadster is totalled, as the frame is bent. Even with a good mechanic and a full set of heating and repair tools, don't expect to see this one back on the road... at least any time soon. [W.Petefish]

But its got 'everything your Uncle John needs' for his dream Subaru Forester/Tesla conversion.
--

Despite the car crash, (glad he survived) I am more interested in his "rhetoric".

Sounds like he and the author of After shock both believe that the end is near. (Not the 2012 Maya calendar kind of "end".)

I am interested that, given that many forum members here must be of above average incomes, independently wealthy or both; especially those who live off interest ... is anyone concerned?

I am interested that, given that many forum members here must be of above average incomes, independently wealthy or both; especially those who live off interest ... is anyone concerned?

Now that will take the thread off-topic in a hurry. I'll just observe that it's odd to be extolling how Tesla is the future, and yet at the same time he predicts a massive economic collapse that will surely destroy most companies including Tesla. There's some kind of clanging disconnect there.

Now that will take the thread off-topic in a hurry. I'll just observe that it's odd to be extolling how Tesla is the future, and yet at the same time he predicts a massive economic collapse that will surely destroy most companies including Tesla. There's some kind of clanging disconnect there.
And here we go...
There are ways to rectify these seemingly disjoint ideas. One simple approach is "Tesla is the future, along the path we're on now; but I think the path we're on now is at risk given highly probable economic collapse worldwide".

Concerned? Yes.... I'm turning my financial assets into hard goods, and attempting to reduce running costs. Like, replacing $100K in the bank with an electric car, which I think will be more valuable than numbers in a bank after a major economic collapse. :)

So, what disconnect? :) It's all consistent.

I'm disappointed.

Sigh... OK, I found it... Looks like a bad corner with signs that someone else left a memorial there for a previous accident.
found1.jpg

Search object of reference:
found2.jpg

Google maps LINK

Last edited:
Sounds like he and the author of After shock both believe that the end is near. (Not the 2012 Maya calendar kind of "end".)

The only websites I browse nowadays are macroeconomics sites and TMC. So yes, I'm extremely concerned. In book form, this is coloring my current thinking: Amazon.com: Endgame: The End of the Debt Supercycle and How It Changes Everything (9781118004579): John Mauldin, Jonathan Tepper: Books

Nice sleuth work. Don't know why it mattered to me.
On a side note, this near miss heralded an unfortunate loss. Bob Odegaard, a pilot and WWII aircraft restorer, crashed practicing for an airshow in ND on Friday. We lost Bob and one of 2 flying Super Corsairs. There were only 5 Super Corsairs ever built, of course there was only one Bob.
I've been involved with the aircraft restoration community for a few years and Bob's knowledge and personality will be greatly missed by everyone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodyear_F2G_Corsair