Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid South - If it were up to you.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like some portions of the Mid-South Superchargers are finally starting to gain some traction and connection.

Since Miner, MO is open (very pleasant surprise), Memphis and probably one more location (Winona, MS??) are need to complete STL to New Orleans// I-55 route.

In my view, Memphis Supercharger location is the lynch-pin/hub to connecting Nashville/New Orleans/STL and eventually west to Little Rock.
Once that location is finished/opened, a lot of other connections/routes can readily fill in.
Yes, Supercharger in Jackson, TN will probably still be needed for S60 and Model 3 travel Memphis to Nashville.

In addition to Lindale, TX (soon to open?) maybe three more locations (Monroe, LA, Meridian, MS and Birmingham) to needed to complete I-20 DFW to ATL.
A (conservative) driver could currently leap=frog from DFW to ATL using current Superhargers: DFW/Shreveport/Pearl/Greenville/Auburn/ATL if they absolutely wanted to hone their longer distance driving skills in an S85 or 90.
...Although Monroe and Meridian Superchargers would sure help a bunch as they come on line.

I-44 route is making some headway with Catoosa, OK (under construction), and Springfield, MO and Rolla both being permitted.
Makes another viable and quicker route for DFW to STL.

DFW to Nashville (I-30 and I-40) is started with Sulphur Springs, TX (under construction), but Memphis is still the real key.
OKC to Little Rock (then Nashville) portion of I-40 looks least developed right now.

Memphis to Birmingham on I-22 will probably need Tupelo as a midpoint charging location (at some future date).

Louisville to STL on I-64 could use a Supercharger, but cannot find anything mid-point that is near the highway.
I have been to New Harmony, IN, and it is cool/quaint/unique, but not right on the main route. Maybe a location nearer the I-69 and I-64 juncture?

Haven't forgotten about Paducah, KY, but Miner, MO (and under construction Bowling Green) sure makes it not as immediately necessary.

Lots to look forward to in 2016!!!
And into 2017.

Looking West from DFW, a couple of known TX permits, and then another BIG gap on I-20 and I-10 thru West Texas/New Mexico until Casa Grande, AZ.

Very far South Texas Superchargers, into the Valley and beyond to Mexico?? (Cuernavaca outside Mexico City) is only 927 miles from Victoria...
Not pushing this route, wondering if 2018 might connect?

I am planning a trip from St Louis to New Orleans. Any suggestions for charging between Miner Mo and Jackson Mississippi?

Looking on plugshare.com, there are three Nissan Dealers around Memphis and Northern Mississippi with quicker charging CHAdeMO.
If you can buy or borrow a CHAdeMO device, that would be the quickest (time wise).
Be sure it is a regular business hour stop, and that you might have called ahead to get clearance to stop and recharge your car.

If not, there are a number of J1772 plugs at hotels and outlet malls, but that would be a bit more of a wait to have enough charge to get to Pearl, MS.

When I picked up my car in St Louis a couple of weeks ago, they told me there are plans to add a Supercharger in South St Louis. 270 and 55 I think, which would be great for a kickoff toward Memphis.

The Memphis Supercharger thread has pictures of the build about to start in East Memphis. Someday it would be great to have something in West Memphis, but they likely need a sales location and service in town first.

Little Rock would be a nice addition. The St Louis guys told me they had a number of deliveries to Little Rock that week. Maybe someday?