Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Micro-shaking ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Felter

Nov 4, 2022
CA
I have been noticing suden small shaking of striring wheel which lasts only a split second. The feeling is like accidently touched a wire with small electric current and get starttled; or touching a running massager. It happens on both local driving and highway driving. I sent my car to Tesla service center once for this issue but they could not do anything due to not be able to reproduce the shaking during their test drive. Anyone have some thoughts on what might be causing such small and short stiring wheel shaking ?

This is likely one of the model Y active safety features:

I recommend reading through these and see if any of them might have engaged. Some of them have haptic feedback (which presents like a vibration similar to what a video came controller would do when its vibrating during gameplay).

Upvote 0
I’m a brand new member, replying for the first time🤞🏻The ‘micro shaking’ safety feature engages readily when you veer/drift ever so slightly towards the perimeter of your lane without indicating you intend to turn/change lanes. I was concerned about the shaking when I first drove my 2017 M3. A Tesla tech addressed the matter by phone. I’m surprised the safety feature wasn’t mentioned during your service visit.

Upvote 0
I had this happen yesterday, this is the reason I came here to ask about it. It is a very slight vibration/buzzing in the steering wheel. I have had this car since October '21 and it has never done this before. It happened on acceleration on a clear roadway with no other vehicles or obstacles around. Once at about 30MPH and later at 50MPH. I have used the cruise control before (not FSD) and it never made this vibration.

Upvote 0