Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maximum power Tesla Y Performance, how much does it get limited when soc drops?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My apologies if this has been discussed before, I couldn't find anything.

At what SOC does the battery have to be in order for the Tesla Y Performance to deliver full power (393 kW - 534 PS)? How long can it deliver that full power, 10 seconds, 30 seconds or more?

Also, I tried to find the power drop with SOC drop, how much power is there at SOC 2%, 5%, 10%, 20%, 30%, etc.?

To my knowledge, there's no magical 'timer' that turns down the output after N seconds. If you have a nice straight road with no concerns for legality, it should happily run right up to 155mph and hang out there until the battery starts running down. It should also be noted that I don't think it needs full power to maintain 155mph... that's software limited!

In my experience with a 3, there's some power reduction at like 85% SOC, and it fairly slowly decreases from there down to about 30% SOC and then the rate of decreased performance increases below that. It's still a perfectly functional car down at 5-10%, but will be very noticeably slower than it's usual race car behavior.

Last edited:
To my knowledge, there's no magical 'timer' that turns down the output after N seconds. If you have a nice straight road with no concerns for legality, it should happily run right up to 155mph and hang out there until the battery starts running down. It should also be noted that I don't think it needs full power to maintain 155mph... that's software limited!

In my experience with a 3, there's some power reduction at like 85% SOC, and it fairly slowly decreases from there down to about 30% SOC and then the rate of decreased performance increases below that. It's still a perfectly functional car down at 5-10%, but will be very noticeably slower than it's usual race car behavior.
Can deliver full 393kW for 10 minutes? I'm not sure, for example, VW/Skoda states that full power can be delivered for a maximum of 30 seconds, the battery should be <88% charged and the battery temperature should be between 23 and 50 degrees Celsius.

I'm looking for a test like this but for Y Performance, or at least Y Long Range.