Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Max Battery in Under Four Steps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, turn turn off max battery, slide the power switch from Ludicrous to Sport. Max battery has now been turned off. Of course you'll need to turn it back to Ludicrous if you want full power so in call that's three steps if you include the step to bring up controls or even 4 steps if the controls is not on the driving tab.

I don't think there is a way...granted I think it's better that way you know that in enabling it you're trading off performance for battery range.

Requiring 4 (distracting) main screen button presses for an on-and-off function is 3 too many. Why is it better that way?

I'm surprised that there are no lights indicating when Max battery is turned on (or the air conditioning compressor or cabin heater for that matter). Almost every ice car that I know of has a red indicator light when air-conditioning is selected. Given the concern for range and energy usage, indicator lights should be standard issue,

Requiring 4 (distracting) main screen button presses for an on-and-off function is 3 too many. Why is it better that way?

I'm surprised that there are no lights indicating when Max battery is turned on (or the air conditioning compressor or cabin heater for that matter). Almost every ice car that I know of has a red indicator light when air-conditioning is selected. Given the concern for range and energy usage, indicator lights should be standard issue,

Did my 3 step method for turning it off not work for you?

Hey sorka,

I did try but I want to play around with it a bit more. I was hoping Max battery would stay on and I could use the Sport \ Ludacris button to go back and forth. This does not appear to be the case. How do you use it?

I never take it out of Ludicrous. I discovered by accident how to turn off max battery with fewer presses because I meant to hit max battery but was off and hit Ludicrous -> Sport and saw max battery shut off.

Looks like you found a decent work around, at least for turning Max battery off. Let me know if you stumble upon an easy way to turn it on.

One would think the UI and software engineers could find more simple and elegant solutions to everyday functionality.