Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Make Homelink CLOSE a priority over MYQ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have both HomeLink and MyQ in my MYP. Ideally I'd like for HomeLink to auto CLOSE my garage door and MyQ to auto open it. I dont think that auto combo is possible due to testing. I hate waiting for the beeps to stop before the door closes with MyQ. My problem is when back out the "CLOSE" option that is available by default is the MyQ. Is there a way to set what device is a priorty?

I have both HomeLink and MyQ in my MYP. Ideally I'd like for HomeLink to auto CLOSE my garage door and MyQ to auto open it. I dont think that auto combo is possible due to testing. I hate waiting for the beeps to stop before the door closes with MyQ. My problem is when back out the "CLOSE" option that is available by default is the MyQ. Is there a way to set what device is a priorty?
Not sure what beeps you’re talking about. With MyQ I get one ping when a command is sent to the garage door, just one.

Upvote 0
The MYQ beeps and the lights flash as a warning for ~10 secs before closing. MyQ support said that it's because my car hasnt upload his geofence to their servers fast enough. Sounds like a fishy response from them.
If the car does not have a solid GPS lock, then the car sends a standard MyQ door open command and you see the delay. If the car has a solid lock, it sends a different command that skips the delay. I have verified this MyQ escalation support.

Upvote 0
The MYQ beeps and the lights flash as a warning for ~10 secs before closing. MyQ support said that it's because my car hasnt upload his geofence to their servers fast enough. Sounds like a fishy response from them.
Mine does that if I get more that 40'/45' from the garage door opener before the car gives the command to close. Also if I back out fast I'll be in the street before the command to close is given.

I THINK the MyQ GDO blinks because my car is no longer on my Wireless Access Point and is sending the signal over a cell connection.

Upvote 0
MyQ will always flash lights in the garage before closing so anyone near the garage door has a warning the door will be coming down. The opener doesn't know there is someone in a car with eyes on the situation. As far as the opener knows, the command could be coming from the other side of the world.

Upvote 0
MyQ will always flash lights in the garage before closing so anyone near the garage door has a warning the door will be coming down. The opener doesn't know there is someone in a car with eyes on the situation. As far as the opener knows, the command could be coming from the other side of the world.
It does not do that if you're on the same network. When I close the door from inside my garage, it closes immediately with MyQ.

Upvote 0