Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Major accident for me tonight (5/26) (New P85 arrives 7/8)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model S Safety - Dashcam accident

Hi All, I just noticed this link pop on on Tesla Google+ page, thought I'd share here. Safest car on the road | Tesla Motors

Interesting points I noted from that...
  • It seems the power cut was instant (the photos look like headlights are still functional).
  • Hazards seem to have come on automatically?
  • The car didn't seem to lift off the road at all, or put in to much spin.. perhaps due to the very low weight of the batteries?
  • Some sort of emergency tone in the cabin?
  • The M3 did a great job of protecting the passenger area in a roll over as well

I wonder if the owner is a forum member?

Glad no one seriously injured, hope insurance plays their part for the owner :)

Lex.

Edit: I didn't know of this thread and started a new one, a mod placed my post here instead.. Makes sense there would be a thread about it.

Last edited:
I realize this is an old thread. I noted you said you "manually put on the parking brake". How do you do this? Do you mean putting it in Park via pushing in on the control stalk? Or is there another way?
Thanks!
UPDATE: Pictures in this post.
UPDATE: Story with pics and link to dashcam video posted to Tesla Customer Stories.

----------------------------------------
I was hit in my Model S tonight. Clearly the other party is at fault.

My airbags deployed and my center screen went dead after I manually put on the parking break and turned the car off.

All four of us are ok. If the car was another 4 or 5 feet forward, I and the rear passenger on my side would likely be dead.

I have a dash cam. Will give more details to the forum after things have settled.

But the car took the impact well. The police and fire department were great and the Tesla service person answered the phone around midnight.

Only problem is that the center screen was dead so I couldn't put the car in tow mode. The tow truck driver says that my car looks totalled.