Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Madison, WI Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's going to be right near the second set of transformers shown in the video. That would be more ideal. It is going to be about a 3 minute walk to the food court.
Have no fear, I will keep updating on the install. I drive past every weekend. And of course, Pleasant Prarie video will be coming some day this week. Nothing has started their either, though, I do know where it's going in.

And lastly, I MAY*** have located a possible SC installation in Milwaukee County. A Hotel right off the freeway is having some parking spaces torn up right at the end of their parking lot, and some MAJOR electrical work is being done. Their are a number of restaurants. It's on College & 13th.
Space has been torn up in the parking lot for roughly 6-8 vehicles. Now, remember, I have no idea if this is a SC or not, but as I drive past that daily, I will be able to keep a eye on it. I really hope it is ;)

Last edited:
It's going to be right near the second set of transformers shown in the video. That would be more ideal. It is going to be about a 3 minute walk to the food court.
Have no fear, I will keep updating on the install. I drive past every weekend. And of course, Pleasant Prarie video will be coming some day this week. Nothing has started their either, though, I do know where it's going in.

And lastly, I MAY*** have located a possible SC installation in Milwaukee County. A Hotel right off the freeway is having some parking spaces torn up right at the end of their parking lot, and some MAJOR electrical work is being done. Their are a number of restaurants. It's on College & 13th.
Space has been torn up in the parking lot for roughly 6-8 vehicles. Now, remember, I have no idea if this is a SC or not, but as I drive past that daily, I will be able to keep a eye on it. I really hope it is ;)

Great update, islandbayy! Can you give us a more exact address of the possible new supercharger location in Milwaulkee County? If this is a supercharger, this and the Pleasant Prairie SC would provide great access for most of the eastern part of the state.

Also, some pictures of the construction site would be extremely helpful! Thanks!

...And lastly, I MAY*** have located a possible SC installation in Milwaukee County. A Hotel right off the freeway is having some parking spaces torn up right at the end of their parking lot, and some MAJOR electrical work is being done. Their are a number of restaurants. It's on College & 13th.

Would that be the Ramada, Days Inn, Hampton Inn, Country Inn and Suites or the Comfort Suites?
I think there are actually two or three more hotels at that general vicinity...(lol)

- - - Updated - - -

The exact site can be determined from the first page of the plans submitted for permitting to City of Madison. http://www.cityofmadison.com/planning/projects/reports/89etm_site2.pdf
It is at the center of this Google satellite view: https://maps.google.com/?ll=43.126629,-89.306878&spn=0.001055,0.001742&t=h&z=20

Best location is indicated on Sheet A-8.
It is right adjacent to the J C Penney store, with 6 bays.

Would that be the Ramada, Days Inn, Hampton Inn, Country Inn and Suites or the Comfort Suites?
I think there are actually two or three more hotels at that general vicinity...(lol)

- - - Updated - - -

Best location is indicated on Sheet A-8.
It is right adjacent to the J C Penney store, with 6 bays.

I believe it was the country Inn, I will need to take a closer look and a pic.

Anywho, here is a update on the Madison SC, Potential Ground Breaking, Sorry, cam ran out of memory before I could go in more detail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Met the crew working on the Corsicana Supercharger this Sunday afternoon.
After they are completed in Texas, they will be headed to Pleasant Prairie, WI.
Pray for dry weather, as rain and wet ground has held them up a bit.

That's awesome! I'm starting to worry about having enough power when driving round trip from Milwaukee to Chicago every day now that it is getting colder. I'm shocked how expensive it is to run the heat in the car.

UPDATE:
No change in Madison.
No change in Pleasant Prairie ---No Construction has started yet.
The potential location in Milwaukee County, looks to be a no-go. I thought it may be a canadate due to the great location, and the large amount of electrical work. Though, after they did the electrical work, they re-paved the section of parking lot they dug up, and it's just back to normal parking lot. So that spots a no-go.

Will update further. Going to Kenosha later this week, so hopefully a video of pleasant prairie.

Perhaps, rather than another video of a parking lot, maybe the best thing right now would be to ask the crew purplewalt talked to when they're expected in Pleasant Prairie.

I'm sure we all have better things to do than to sit in our cars and talk about the parking lots we're sitting in and speculating as to where tesla might put in a charger based on our experience or knowledge of how we think things work. Reality is we know nothing to very little about their process. We have no or very few promises to hold tesla accountable to (by their design, under promise so you continually over deliver even if that delivery is mediocre at best).

Yes, I know I sound like an ass.

Perhaps, rather than another video of a parking lot, maybe the best thing right now would be to ask the crew purplewalt talked to when they're expected in Pleasant Prairie.

I'm sure we all have better things to do than to sit in our cars and talk about the parking lots we're sitting in and speculating as to where tesla might put in a charger based on our experience or knowledge of how we think things work. Reality is we know nothing to very little about their process. We have no or very few promises to hold tesla accountable to (by their design, under promise so you continually over deliver even if that delivery is mediocre at best).

Yes, I know I sound like an ass.

Well, the idea of the parking lot videos was to show what malls they were going into. I'm not going to do a ton of parking lot videos. I did the updated Madison one because the first one was at night, and hard to see. I will do one for Pleasant prairie. I know especially for pleasant prairie, many people drive right past it, and not even realize that is the mall Tesla is putting one in. So if they at least know what to look for, it's a head start. That, and I just like making videos ;) Should see my Halloween videos I am uploading of our Party :) Record turn out. Not as many as we were expecting, but 350 aint bad :)

I'm under a gag order, but I can say that I had interactions and I was encouraged.

So, it will be completed by Christmas? I'm getting worried that they were going to wait until after winter to due the Wisconsin chargers but it would be really nice if the could get in Madison and Eau Claire in before the holidays to open Wisconsin up!