Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTE upgrade is on the way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A bargain for sure. My service manager told me that a Chevy dealer was visiting and asked why they didn't charge a lot more, say $1,000. He said that's not the way Tesla does business on these kinds of things.

- - - Updated - - -

Father Bill,

I bought this model on Amazon. SUPRKAR did the installation for me while I was working on lighted appliqué installations. He installed the antenna on the crash bar under the nose cone. I didn't register it -- don't think that's necessary.

Somehow I'm still not seeing the Wilson specs, model #, etc.

everything is in the amazon page, the model number is "Mobile 4G" or "460108", I could copy paste more, but you might as well hit the amazon page. If you are adverse to Amazon for some reason the product page off Amazon would be Wilson 460108 Mobile 4G Amplifier Kit | +50 dB

Wilson Mobile 4G Booster Complete Kit includes:

This absolutely falls into the "YES! TESLA IS AWESOME!" category because they are offering the upgrade!! I will only gripe when something I want is not available for upgrade. Some will agree, some will disagree, but I truly with all my Tesla-lovin' heart, hope they endeavor to make all major changes retrofittable to existing cars if ever possible. I want to keep this car for a decade and don't want to miss out on new gadgets and features because I chose to, you know, BUY THE CAR instead of watching and waiting :p

I hope when they come out with multi-camera around-view they offer an upgrade, even if it's $2500.

This absolutely falls into the "YES! TESLA IS AWESOME!" category because they are offering the upgrade!! I will only gripe when something I want is not available for upgrade. Some will agree, some will disagree, but I truly with all my Tesla-lovin' heart, hope they endeavor to make all major changes retrofittable to existing cars if ever possible. I want to keep this car for a decade and don't want to miss out on new gadgets and features because I chose to, you know, BUY THE CAR instead of watching and waiting :p

I hope when they come out with multi-camera around-view they offer an upgrade, even if it's $2500.

I agree that Tesla is awesome for many reasons but upgrades is not one of them. LTE is an exception, not the rule. You can't count on that in every case as it's often way to complicated or in some cases, next to impossible, to provide an upgrade.

Autonomous driving falls into that category and even something simple like parking sensors has become a problem, as Tesla no longer supports the upgrade and now refuses to update the firmware, even if an owner successfully installs the hardware.

Of course, software upgrades that improve existing features are a whole other story but even they will provide a diminishing rate of return over time, as already seems to be the case. For my P85 all of the most recent software upgrades have been about mapping and nothing else.

Last edited:
everything is in the amazon page, the model number is "Mobile 4G" or "460108", I could copy paste more, but you might as well hit the amazon page. If you are adverse to Amazon for some reason the product page off Amazon would be Wilson 460108 Mobile 4G Amplifier Kit | +50 dB

Where did you have them put the interior antenna? I assume you put it somewhere that isn't noticeable but will give you the signal boost for your cell phone and the car's connection.

No rattles, but the MCU or the dash top is now slightly crooked:

MCU.jpg