Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTE in Canada?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine was installed today. Sorry I haven't been able to see the improvements yet as the car was delivered back to me just a while ago.
Stay tuned tomorrow.
The service dept. were good enough to do a speed test before and after.
The results speak for themselves. I'll report back on my observations tomorrow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 141
Honestly for what I do (and many of you I guess), I'm sticking with 3G. Slacker is doing OK and the Map is rendering fine. The browser is very basic and using my phone is way more reliable since the browser light years better and everything is synced.

Edit: Unless the new SIM card is Canadian and I won't have to deal with dropping signals all the time. But in that case, is it going to work in the US?

I have a one week old 85D in Toronto. My LTE connectivity is at best sporadic. Sometimes there is LTE and authorities there is not. I am in the heart of the city and every carrier has excellent coverage. There is definitely a connection issue happening with LTE and data in general. Anyone else seeing the same?

I have a one week old 85D in Toronto. My LTE connectivity is at best sporadic. Sometimes there is LTE and authorities there is not. I am in the heart of the city and every carrier has excellent coverage. There is definitely a connection issue happening with LTE and data in general. Anyone else seeing the same?
What you're seeing is likely this: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/37866-3G-connectivity-issues-since-V6-xxx which shows that the issue is the same for 3G and LTE - which was the expected result. Many of us have issues where the data connection just won't consummate for several minutes and it appears to be related to the fact that cars in Canada are roaming.

OK so I think the upgrade was totally worth it. Web pages load faster, maps and google earth tiles also load faster.
I live in an area with sketchy cell service and quite often when my iPhone shows no service I still have LTE working in the car, pages still load and I hold calls longer. I was skeptical that maybe it was just showing bars but not still connected but I could still surf and talk. In addition the cost was a bit less than quoted (under $500) keep in mind that I was told that costs will vary as some cars need different parts than others.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg
image.jpg

This is the speed test on my phone and the Model S browser in the same spot

I read in another thread that Vancouver is charging $600 CDN due to the exchange.

Was quoted "approximately $600" from the Vancouver SC a couple days ago, yes.

So, could be more, could be less. :confused:

Interesting that there seems to be a correlation between the signal drops so many of you are experiencing and the power-savings settings on the car.

For my part, I almost never lose signal unexpectedly for more than a couple minutes. (I fully expected the connectivity problem to appear from the ether tomorrow morning now that I've said so aloud)

I'm also using the somewhat contradictory settings of "Always Connected" & "Energy Savings ON".

Last edited: