Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTE connectivity issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t know if this helps anyone, but to make my experience more seamless whilst Tesla issue a fix, I created a new wireless home network SSID “Tesla WiFi” for my home internet the car connects to when on the driveway.

I renamed my (now new) in car hotspot, which is plugged into the 12v port using a USB adapter, so that it only turns on when the car is unlocked, and turns off when locked (unlike the USB’s that are always on) to the same SSID as the home network “Tesla WiFi” and made sure “stay connected in drive” was enabled.

This way, when I leave home even through I’ve technically gone out of range from my home network the still thinks it’s got a signal from the hotspot broadcasting the same SSID.

This has solved my issue where the MCU LTE drops service and never recovers without restart, as I’m bypassing it and only now ever using WiFi.

Hope this helps and Tesla.. please fix this, it’s such a pain in the arse.

I also had the same problem. I spoke with Tesla service, I had screen shots in service mode and questioned them on a roaming partner issue, they confirmed ( for us in the UK anyway )
our cars service is provided by KPM and in the uk EE is there preferred roaming parter, and it’s EE who have changed something, so the car can see the network but can’t authenticate

there is no way to change the roaming preference, so no fix, and no time to resolution

Reactions: badappleuk
I also had the same problem. I spoke with Tesla service, I had screen shots in service mode and questioned them on a roaming partner issue, they confirmed ( for us in the UK anyway )
our cars service is provided by KPM and in the uk EE is there preferred roaming parter, and it’s EE who have changed something, so the car can see the network but can’t authenticate

there is no way to change the roaming preference, so no fix, and no time to resolution

Great update @john bridger

I have been having this issue since December 2023… my car no longer is able to connect
to LTE when parked (via app) and for the first 10-15 min of every drive. There is loud relay clicking coming from the glove comp. and the connectivity is generally sketchy even when it finally connects. But I literally have it on every single drive. I went to tesla for a 6 hr diagnostics yesterday and they said it’s a network bug and not a car issue. I’m sceptical… anyhow let’s see. I live in london, Uk by the way.