Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Losing battery efficiency daily

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Strange issue. I've only had my mx for 2 months, but when I got it (2016 90d), 90% charge was 221 miles, and that has been my 90%.
About 2 weeks ago, it only charged to 219. Today 90% is 216.

Anyone experience this or know what the hell is going on? Should I contact SC about it? I understand there is suppose to be some degradation, but not in 2 weeks.

#sadface

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H
Strange issue. I've only had my mx for 2 months, but when I got it (2016 90d), 90% charge was 221 miles, and that has been my 90%.
About 2 weeks ago, it only charged to 219. Today 90% is 216.

Anyone experience this or know what the hell is going on? Should I contact SC about it? I understand there is suppose to be some degradation, but not in 2 weeks.

#sadface

I’m in the same boat Brahane - I too have a 2016 90D purchased in February and the 90 percent SOC was 218 miles. Fast forward to today and two software updates later I’m at 211 miles for my 90 percent SOC. Nothing much I can do but reluctantly accept the degradation of my battery packs. I try to outweigh all my pros on the X vs the cons just to keep things in perspective.

Let me know when you guys catch up :p

IMG_20200625_001139.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: jet44
Just joined, been looking for a thread on this topic. Beginning of a road trip this weekend (about 350 miles); I fully charged our 2017 100D, which used to be 300 to 305 on total mileage reading, but this time only shows 265 (>10%).

So should i chalk this up to the battery degrading?

Also, second question; I noticed this trip a HUGE disparity on the trip planner listing amount of mileage/percentage needed until next super charger and what actually occurred (>50 miles each time). For example; tonight we charged to 200 miles, with a final amount needed to get home of 103 miles (listed as 19%); when we got home it was 4% remaining, which is 15% lower than calculated?????