Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for pics of Model X with tan interior and light headliner...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All-

My wife has been invited to configure her MX and would love to see some pics of the tan interior with the light headliner before she presses the order button. She is considering a silver metallic exterior and since we live in South Florida, is not too keen on a black interior due to the heat. I'm not so sure of how well the silver exterior with tan interior combination would work, but she is very afraid of going with the white seats. Any photos or color combination suggestions would be appreciated. She wants a light exterior, but I have a pearl white MS in our garage already, so she thinks the next-best light color option is the silver metallic.

Thanks in advance for any help you all can provide!

-Blue

You may wish to check the various "Color" with any interior threads in this sub title. I.E. Signature Red, White, etc.

There is one in the Red Multi-coat (not signature red) with the doors open with tan interior and the light headliner. My observations with that combination is the headliner is not the same color hue as the seats.

Last edited:
Thanks for the effort - will show it to my wife, though I think she is trying to see the color contrast between the tan leather and light headliner. The configuration tool is helpful, but there's just nothing like the real thing. Might just need to pay a visit to a local service center to see if they have any waiting to be delivered.

- - - Updated - - -

Look forward to seeing it - thanks!

I would suggest that you visit a Store or SC as you indicated. The tan seats and the light headliner are different Hues. You need to see in person to see if matches your needs. I didn't like the contrast, since they appear close.

I don't have an X, but I am very happy with the beige leather and light headliner in my S. Makes for a nice, airy interior. The black headliner was not an option when I ordered and I have wondered if I would have preferred that with the beige. But for me, the black makes the cabin quite dark, even with the beige.

I don't have an X, but I am very happy with the beige leather and light headliner in my S. Makes for a nice, airy interior. The black headliner was not an option when I ordered and I have wondered if I would have preferred that with the beige. But for me, the black makes the cabin quite dark, even with the beige.
I also like the tan leather with light headliner in my S, also ordered the same for the X.

I decided to go with the dark headliner on the tan seats because:

1. Adding another color did not look good
2. I needed to tie the black seat backs to something

For us the black headliner just looked more aesthetically correct with the tan seats.

We picked up our model X this week with tan seats and light headliner. We really like the combination. I was afraid that it would look too jumbled but the headliner is similar the the tan and goes with it quite well. My wife said that with her mild claustrophobia, that she could not ride in the third row if it had a black liner.

DSC07296.JPG
DSC07295.JPG
DSC07293.JPG
DSC07291.JPG
DSC07289.JPG
DSC07287.JPG
DSC07294.JPG
DSC07286.JPG

We picked up our model X this week with tan seats and light headliner. We really like the combination. I was afraid that it would look too jumbled but the headliner is similar the the tan and goes with it quite well. My wife said that with her mild claustrophobia, that she could not ride in the third row if it had a black liner.

View attachment 108988View attachment 108989View attachment 108990View attachment 108991View attachment 108992View attachment 108993View attachment 108994View attachment 108995
Thanks for the pics - looks beautiful and my wife agrees with your's regarding the light vs. dark headliner. It definitely keeps the car looking brighter and more airy. Now we just need to decide on the wood trim and we will be ready to confirm the order! Enjoy your X in good health and thanks for the assistance!

And this is why we have options. To me the color difference between the light headliner and the tan seats clashes (it's easier to see in your pic without the flash). We went with the black headliner solely for this reason. I agree the light headliner makes it look more open.