Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of Electrical Contractors That Are Friendly to EV Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, the installation is not complicated and any competent electrician should be able to do it. I prefer to work with people I know and trust already, or referrals from someone else I know and trust. Solar City referring me to some other company counts for little in my book. Where are you located?
Hi Rodolfo anyone you can recommend? Im in the Weston Fl area- thanks. Nees to install a tesla wall charger

I got several quotes that had a swing in price of about $800 - from $1450 to $2300 for the same job - which was to run a 50 amp circuit to midway down my garage wall diagonal from my panel for the first 14-50 outlet, the continue that circuit to just outside my garage for the second outlet. I just want the flexibility to charge inside or outside my garage without needing to back into the garage. Otherwise, adding an outlet would cost around $450-$600 if placed right next to the panel. Probably going to get this done next month, since I'm tapped out this month (down payment on my Model Y). This is specific to my setup and preferences, which I'm paying for. The main point is to get several quotes if possible - so you don't overpay and you know what to expect. I told each estimator my plans and that I wasn't in a hurry since my delivery is months away (which was true at the time).

For the metropolitan area around Miami, Florida, Mike Isaacs of MI Electric (a father-son business) have done all the electrical work on my house for the last 2.5 years (since I moved here), including all the electrical work on the 1500-sqft construction we just finished adding to this same house. They are highly capable, but more importantly they are wonderful, honest, and honorable people, and I happily recommend them without reservation.

PM me for contact details if desired, or to talk Tesla. :)
I was browsing the forum for some recommended contractors in the Miami area and found this recommendation. I called Mike from MI Electrical in Miami and he did a fantastic job at our house. He has become our go-to electrician after our first experience. His quote was much more reasonable than other larger contractors at just over $1,000 to set up a new installation from which we could charge 2 cars. His team was very professional and punctual (worth noting in Miami) and Mike stopped by to review the final work and confirm all worked well. Can't recommend him enough. His info: 786-295-9521 or [email protected]. Happy charging!