Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My thinking for Dual Chargers was mainly future-proofing if non-Tesla high power charge stations start to appear here as they have in the States. Some are up to 90 amps so the duals will halve the charge time during trips.
Will they appear here? Who knows.
after spending the last 12 months driving an EV with only a 3kW charger I would recommend to all of you to get the dual charger, because when you want to charge and your not doing it at home overnight. You really want to push as power in much in as fast as possible ! the only time its nice to charge slow is if you have solar and don't get much as a feed in tariff then its nice to charge at the same rate as your solar system, to avoid paying the peak rate of middle of the day.

Last edited:
Everyone os looking for something to suit themselves but it seems that I can upgrade the car speakers for less money that the upgraded audio package for a better sound. It's hard to see a car interior as an audiophile space anyway.

If you know what you are doing (as you do) this would be worth it. I have ordered the extra audio package so my modification will be to DEQX it (eventually).

The car, given the quietness, should be better than most cars. More importantly, given I am 'locked' in my car, I want to the sound to be as good as possible.

Cheers
David

Last edited:
after spending the last 12 months driving an EV with only a 3kW charger I would recommend to all of you to get the dual charger, because when you want to charge and your not doing it at home overnight. You really want to push as power in much in as fast as possible ! the only time its nice to charge slow is if you have solar and don't get much as a feed in tariff then its nice to charge at the same rate as your solar system, to avoid paying the peak rate of middle of the day.
Which EV have you been driving?

Presumably the Nissan Leaf, are there any other fully electric cars in Australia. I think Dborn may be hinting at another point (not wanting to put words in month), no other EV has anything like the range of the Tesla, certainly not the Leaf (about 30%), so for the most part no need to charge so frequently.

I get a decent feed in tariff so my plan is to charge at home off peak (~15c per kwH) or at the RAC so I can scam free parking when I go to Harbour Town and unless I start living in the car because I love it so much will probably only need to bother charging it once a week.

Edit: Ah, the i-Miev, same deal goes for range though

any chance of a DEQX car system David?

Something we have thought about - needs a different power supply and some thought. Assuming all the drivers (other than the sub) are the same design then conceptually it should be easy and DEQX will be able to correct for the driver but....

Assuming the sub is active DEQX should be able to manage the crossover and make the most difference.

"Room" correction would be a challenge.

Have a look at this - the car won best sound at various shows. He talks about the DEQX at about 3:15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBd8keQyIaI

I believe that he filled the car with pillows so he could measure the sound with minimal reflections!

Cheers
David

And further:

Scott Buwalda brought his Nissan Silvia Spec. GT-R to the show to back-uphis 2010 results with a best-of-show score, and the win in the Expert Two-Seat class, IASCA's highest-level SQi division and class. Buwalda beat his previously recorded world-record score of 921.5 points in 2010 with a 2011 score of 993.5 points, the highest score ever recorded in organized car audio competition, at any time, and in any format.

Hmmmm…..sorry Tim it would be my car first!

And further:

Scott Buwalda brought his Nissan Silvia Spec. GT-R to the show to back-uphis 2010 results with a best-of-show score, and the win in the Expert Two-Seat class, IASCA's highest-level SQi division and class. Buwalda beat his previously recorded world-record score of 921.5 points in 2010 with a 2011 score of 993.5 points, the highest score ever recorded in organized car audio competition, at any time, and in any format.

Hmmmm…..sorry Tim it would be my car first!

This sounds so cool! I'll get in line!

I've confirmed my order. I mostly live in SA but I also have a place in Sydney so that's where I'll register the car. When it arrives, I decide whether to leave it there or truck it to Adelaide. My plan is to get the car faster by ordering through the NSW address.

Oh, the car?….. Red/Black with Silver 21" wheels and all available options. I might change the colour in the next 14 days but not the options.

I've confirmed my order. I mostly live in SA but I also have a place in Sydney so that's where I'll register the car. When it arrives, I decide whether to leave it there or truck it to Adelaide. My plan is to get the car faster by ordering through the NSW address.

Oh, the car?….. Red/Black with Silver 21" wheels and all available options. I might change the colour in the next 14 days but not the options.

Hi mhh - great car! Just to confirm you got the P85+? What decor did you pick on the inside?

Yes, P85+

Carbon Fibre interior decor and performance seats in black. I don't really need to cold climate stuff or fog lights but going fully loaded seemed simpler. :eek:
Nice! If only there were no such beast as LCT and I would do the same. Instead I'm waiting on announcement of details of Model X (or beginning of next year whichever comes first) before I push the button on a standard P85 with pano roof, tech pack and no other extras to save that extra $50k.

QLD
Gold Coast
466XX
Confirmed: 28/5/2014
VIN Allocated: 3/6/2104
Charger Installed: 5/8/2014
In Production: 5/8/2014
Model: P85+
Sig?: Yes
Colour: White
Roof: Black
Wheels: 21" Grey Turbine
Interior: Black Signature
Decor: Obeche Gloss
Matching Yacht Floor: Yes
Super Charger: Yes
Dual Chargers: Yes
Tech: Yes
Air: Yes
Parking: Yes
Fog: Yes
Sound: Yes
Subzero: No
Ext. Leather: Yes
Alcantara: Yes
Lighting: Yes
Parcel Shelf: Yes

QLD
Gold Coast
466XX
Confirmed: 28/5/2014
VIN Allocated: 3/6/2104
Charger Installed: 5/8/2014
In Production: 5/8/2014
Model: P85+
Sig?: Yes
Colour: White
Roof: Black
Wheels: 21" Grey Turbine
Interior: Black Signature
Decor: Obeche Gloss
Matching Yacht Floor: Yes
Super Charger: Yes
Dual Chargers: Yes
Tech: Yes
Air: Yes
Parking: Yes
Fog: Yes
Sound: Yes
Subzero: No
Ext. Leather: Yes
Alcantara: Yes
Lighting: Yes
Parcel Shelf: Yes

Great spec!

With your entry "White" is now officially the most popular colour on TMC :)