Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of 120kW Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
128kW?

Wow... 123-124 are the highs I've experienced and seen reported thus far...

Yeah, it spiked to 128 then leveled off at 124 then dropped after a few minutes to a steady 120. I didn't stay in the car and watch it after that though.

This is all after I thought that I was an A battery early production. I have never actually looked at the battery model number but after charging in Deleware a couple of times I have never seen anything above 90. I realized that I am always showing up there with around 90-100 miles of rated range left. Showing up in the freezing cold and snow after bombing up and down mountains with 13 miles rated range will do the trick :tongue:

Very cool. And more evidence that the 12 chargers in the stack really are capable of more than 10kW each. The math says they could do up to just over 11...

Well, 11kW * 12 chargers is 132kW, which is pretty close to what Elon has been talking about with the 135kW Superchargers. Also, the recent Supercharger Distribution Panels have had 480V, 175A, 3-Phase breakers rated at 100% (not 80%); 480V*175A*sqrt(3) = 145.5 kW; with 93% efficiency, this could work to get 135kW to the car, but maybe they will just use a bigger breaker/wire.

Well, 11kW * 12 chargers is 132kW, which is pretty close to what Elon has been talking about with the 135kW Superchargers. Also, the recent Supercharger Distribution Panels have had 480V, 175A, 3-Phase breakers rated at 100% (not 80%); 480V*175A*sqrt(3) = 145.5 kW; with 93% efficiency, this could work to get 135kW to the car, but maybe they will just use a bigger breaker/wire.

Yeah, that's what I had thought (and I think posted about previously).. that the existing chargers could handle the small jump to allow 135kW on a supercharger...

Now if only they start fixing some of the superchargers at the Fremont Tesla center. Found myself plugged in on multiple tries and bays to only get 50a - 80am. To those going to the Fremont SC, 3rd and 4th bays are usually finicky.

Just want to double check which ones specifically you remember using - Vegas in NV; Flagstaff, Holbrook, Kingman, Yuma in AZ; Farmington, Gallup in NM; Blanding, Green River, Moab in UT?

Have you used Buckeye, AZ too?

All those, and you forgot Quartzsite, AZ. To be more precise, all Superchargers currently operating in NV, AZ, NM, and UT. See Superchargers Visited - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum for my list, fifth entry down, fourth real entry, 28 so far.

Here are all the SCs that I noted during my recent East-to-West road trip. I forgot to note several of them, but here's what I've got:
Somerset, PA: 120 kW
Macedonia, OH: 90 kW
Mishawaka, IN: 120 kW
La Crosse, WI: 120 kW
Albert Lea, MN: 120 kW
Mitchell, SD: 90 kW
Murdo, SD: 120 kW
Rapid City, SD: 120 kW
Cheyenne, WY: 120 kW
Blanding, UT: 120 kW
Gallup, NM: 120 kW
Holbrook, AZ: 120 kW
Flagstaff, AZ: 120 kW
Kingman, AZ: 120 kW
Fremont, CA: 120 kW

Here are all the SCs that I noted during my recent East-to-West road trip. I forgot to note several of them, but here's what I've got:
Somerset, PA: 120 kW
Macedonia, OH: 90 kW
Mishawaka, IN: 120 kW
La Crosse, WI: 120 kW
Albert Lea, MN: 120 kW
Mitchell, SD: 90 kW
Murdo, SD: 120 kW
Rapid City, SD: 120 kW
Cheyenne, WY: 120 kW
Blanding, UT: 120 kW
Gallup, NM: 120 kW
Holbrook, AZ: 120 kW
Flagstaff, AZ: 120 kW
Kingman, AZ: 120 kW
Fremont, CA: 120 kW

Thanks, cybrown. By the way, when did you have your road trip? I last tried Fremont, CA towards the end of February, and it still was only 90 kW capable.

If I am hitting 403 miles/hour charge rate does that tell you what the charger is capable of?

I would guess it should be 120kW capable. You could always change settings to display power units instead of miles/hour to confirm.

March 19-26. Last time I charged at Fremont was early April.

I guess they must have upgraded some time in March.

------

By the way, found a few more citations:

Newark, DE
Finally 120KW Supercharging! - Page 21
Finally 120KW Supercharging! - Page 14

Burlington, NC
Finally 120KW Supercharging! - Page 4

Burlington, WA
Finally 120KW Supercharging! - Page 4

Springfield, OR
Older Teslas limited to 90kW Supercharging - Page 147

Last edited: