Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's try this again: Looking to rent a model S (SoCal Area)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One could lend his car to three drivers over 40 only to have them damage it, however it would still not change the fact that overall young drivers have accidents more often. Rental companies don't know you personally so they use such statistics to assess risk (and sometimes to make more money).

Another way to assess risk is to know who the driver is. Unfortunately you've demonstrated unnecessary risk taking which does not help your case.

Another way to look at it is I had a hockey game and didn't want to let my teammates down. I didn't have a prius at the time, and the motorcycle was my only option as the buses weren't running that late at night. I had people who depended on me, and I didn't want to let them down.

Furthermore, I knew I had the requisite skills,experience, and protective gear to handle it and was successful. A case could be made that based upon that I know how to handle 4 wheels and 2 wheels in the most extreme weather conditions, but if you're looking for excuses to interpret the worse I'm not going to stop you (as if I could if I wanted to?). Have a nice day.

I also have a hard time believing you seriously considered the idea to begin with.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: jaguar36
In San Francisco (and a few other US cities) you can rent a Model S through Getaround for $200-$400/day (200 miles included), depending on availability. We've done it 3 times while we've been waiting for our 90D delivery, it's super convenient.

Oops, looks like you need to be at least 25 years old to book this car. Please select another car for your trip.

But wait!... I have a friend over 25... so this might actually work?

Last edited:
Such a unifying personality! Really makes you want to root for him!

Not really trying to be diplomatic on these forums. So, it is only natural you'll form such an opinion of me. If you met me in real life, good chance you wouldn't know it unless I explicitly told you.

Someone rent him out a Model S if he promises to upload YouTube video reviews :)

I don't have time for that on this trip. Moreover, if so, I wouldn't be paying for the rental in that circumstance.

I will rent you my vehicle for $120 a day. I am in Orange, California. I started a conversation.

Brent
Winner winner, chicken dinner?

For what its worth, at 27 years old, I couldn't really get anyone to take me seriously when I wanted to buy one and test drive what was on Dealer lots (used) or private party. I lucked out and found a nice guy who let me test drive his, and the price was right... so we had a "bingo" :)

I will say that you are a little presumptuous in your "let me tell you why I'm different". Fact remains its a 100k car, and no one knows you from Adam, especially being out of town.

Hope it works out though!

Winner winner, chicken dinner?

For what its worth, at 27 years old, I couldn't really get anyone to take me seriously when I wanted to buy one and test drive what was on Dealer lots (used) or private party. I lucked out and found a nice guy who let me test drive his, and the price was right... so we had a "bingo" :)

I will say that you are a little presumptuous in your "let me tell you why I'm different". Fact remains its a 100k car, and no one knows you from Adam, especially being out of town.

Hope it works out though!

Winner winner, chicken dinner indeed!

I don't know your current age to be able to say "the times are a changing" but the internet has certainly done a lot to make "luck" like this happen more often.

I don't deny it's a 100k car, but I think it's important to treat other people's property with care regardless of how expensive it is.

Looking forward to the extended test drive, oh boy!