Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lets see your garage!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Painted the walls super gloss white, flat charcoal trim around windows. all LED lighting. ceiling fan.
Next will be a tile floor setup, once the wife has a S or 3... (no oil to drip on said floor).

Attachments

• 14288834_10208964111832888_2261785447612599178_n.jpg
    14288834_10208964111832888_2261785447612599178_n.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 321
Anyone have recommendations on floor paint? I just moved and I want to paint the garage floor (probably not until spring).

One thing I learned the hard way at a friend's garage - if you do any work on cars (or other projects), don't put the flakes in the paint. They look cool, but it's impossible to find small parts that you drop. :mad:

If you're doing paint the concrete quality matters. Spoke with a local painting contractor here and they actually stopped doing garage floors because they had to redo too many of them over the years, even after bringing in the factory rep to help design the prep work. Personally I'm about to install the snap together tiles after densifying and sealing the concrete.

Anyone have recommendations on floor paint? I just moved and I want to paint the garage floor (probably not until spring).

One thing I learned the hard way at a friend's garage - if you do any work on cars (or other projects), don't put the flakes in the paint. They look cool, but it's impossible to find small parts that you drop. :mad:

I'm happy with my epoxy paint, and yeah, I didn't put the flakes in. ;-) But my floor was already getting rough from a bad concrete job so I don't have slickness problems.

Don't use paint use epoxy and only epoxy!

Definitely! A friend used aircraft hanger epoxy paint from airtechcoatings.com, and it's help up for 10 years (surface prep is key, I'm told). I was wondering if anyone had other suggestions.

I hired a professional, but was he did wasn't rocket science. He pressure washed the floor then he washed the floor with sulfuric acid. The acid wash made a huge difference! then they did two coats of epoxy. Each time I took 24 hours to dry. Then I waited two more weeks before using.

On my walls I had exterior paint put on the walls, so that they could get wet. I really wish I had had the cracks in the cement fulled before the epoxy.

I then bought cabinets from Lowes and had my plumber install a water spout.

Did you do it yourself? Do you remember the paint brand?

Yes, I did it myself, it was a kit from Home Depot in a box containing two gallons. Both Home Depot and Lowes carry the double sized kit now, but the epoxy comes in a bag in the Lowes kit. I've done a couple areas at rental homes as well, it's pretty easy to work with, but it does help to have a paint mixer drill attachment to combine the activator with the epoxy. Etching the concrete is easy, I think the kits come with a powder you mix with water and spread using a watering can. It's definitely a good idea to get it super clean first - I used a power washer.

Last edited:
Do you like them? I'm planning a black floor with a red trim 1 tile in.

Or, this is kind of cool. I like the idea of the 2 spaces

http://flooringmagz.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Coin-flex-rubber-garage-floor-tiles.jpg

I love them. They were simple to put down. I used a jig saw, sharpie pen, tape measure, and plastic/rubber mallet to tap in place. It was that simple. I REALLY like your proposed pic. Obviously my one car garage didn't have a lot (of space) I could work with. I ordered extra black tiles to replace the red in case of...well you know... Cleaning is easy; I use a bucket with plain water and a old fashion mop. The Tesla drops water from the underside when it's been out in the rain or from the A/C, and sometimes the water is a bit off colored. So far it doesn't seem to stain at all... Cheap was also another nice attribute... :)