Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leftover bolts after reassembling frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2013 Model S 60kWh. Recently I took it to the SC due to a BMS error and they disassembled the frunk as part of their diagnosis (or maybe because I had asked them to retrieve a tool that I dropped behind the 12V battery ...). I ended up declining their repair quote (see my other thread for that saga) and towed it home in that partially-disassembled state. Yesterday I reassembled the frunk but when I was all done I had two leftover 10mm hex bolts and I couldn't figure out where they were supposed to go. They are identical to the bolts that secure the back plastic piece of the frunk tub to the rest of the frunk tub along the top and bottom (my car has 2 such bolts along the top, 3 along the bottom, and then 4 different bolts for the sides). I have watched several disassembly videos but haven't seen anything to indicate that there are any other 10mm hex bolts that I missed (I did use 2 other 10mm hex bolts to reassemble the air filter housing). Anyone know where these might go?

IMG_20230408_115050.jpg

The things that had been disassembled/removed were:
Frunk carpet liners (bottom, both sides, and top U piece)
Frunk emergency release button panel
Back plastic piece of the frunk tub
Nose cone
All the rubbery plastic trim around the frunk (4 pieces)
Air filter housing
They'd also removed the 4 bolts that secure the frunk tub to the rest of the car, but the frunk tub was still in place