Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leather Wear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model S leather is wearing just in front of front door where you enter the car. <3000 miles and the leather has whole from just getting into the car. Any thoughts appreciated
Sorry I would need a picture to buy this first time post. Unless you wear studded jeans and dead body drag yourself out of the car I find this hard to believe in 3k miles. Like to see a picture of this “whole”.

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors
I actually make it a practice to brace myself with my left arm ingress egress to ensure I’m not brushing up against the left bottom and upper bolsters.

Zero wear ever in all my vehicles. It’s amazing what desire nets you.
Or do what I do, set the driver profile so that when you park the car, the seat reclines back and the seat lowers, as well as steering wheel moves up. Makes it super easy to get out and not rub anything. Then when you get back in, press the brake pedal and the seat and steering wheel move back to driving position, and your off driving. :)

My Audi A8 does this so when I figured out how to mimic that in the MS, I was super happy! No more bolster or seat wear!

Or do what I do, set the driver profile so that when you park the car, the seat reclines back and the seat lowers, as well as steering wheel moves up. Makes it super easy to get out and not rub anything. Then when you get back in, press the brake pedal and the seat and steering wheel move back to driving position, and your off driving. :)

My Audi A8 does this so when I figured out how to mimic that in the MS, I was super happy! No more bolster or seat wear!
Legit solution, but I'm so OCD that I don't want to wear out the motors prematurely and I don't want all the movement fuss. Would rather use my muscles to get what I want done. :D

• Love
Reactions: TLLMRRJ