Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right.. and they said we’d have full FSD every 2-weeks. Nothing they say should be taken as absolute fact. If anything, I would approach every Tesla announcement with an extra grain of salt. Model 3 was supposed to launch back in 2017 @ $35k, that didn’t happen. Elon keeps saying “full autonomy by the end of the year!”. Same with 4680’s - where the heck are they? Only the SR Texas built MY has them. Lol, the S/X are still using 18650 cells! Let’s talk about Tesla’s claims about Tesla Vision… it’s nowhere near the level of performance that they said it would be.

All of this, and you still believe that a 4 year old announcement price is going to hold?

Just trying to save you from disappointment. I’m not trying to talk trash. I get sad for others when they maintain so much hope for this company. It’s unrealistic at this point. Expect less, get surprised more. Expect more, get disappointed.
Two points, first FSD promises are totally different from product pricing announcements. One is vaporware and lies that they know the other is an actual product price.
Second, I never said nor implied that the price would "hold" to the launch pricing I was saying the pricing relative to other models is enough to shoot down your stance. Elon has already said the price would be higher.

Right.. and they said we’d have full FSD every 2-weeks. Nothing they say should be taken as absolute fact. If anything, I would approach every Tesla announcement with an extra grain of salt. Model 3 was supposed to launch back in 2017 @ $35k, that didn’t happen. Elon keeps saying “full autonomy by the end of the year!”. Same with 4680’s - where the heck are they? Only the SR Texas built MY has them. Lol, the S/X are still using 18650 cells! Let’s talk about Tesla’s claims about Tesla Vision… it’s nowhere near the level of performance that they said it would be.

All of this, and you still believe that a 4 year old announcement price is going to hold?

Just trying to save you from disappointment. I’m not trying to talk trash. I get sad for others when they maintain so much hope for this company. It’s unrealistic at this point. Expect less, get surprised more. Expect more, get disappointed.
Ahh…Scooby doesn’t believe Tesla or the crazy Musk Guy…. Me either.

Ahh…Scooby doesn’t believe Tesla or the crazy Musk Guy…. Me either.
Yep, he can't do anything except the routine things anyone can do such as start a new car company, 100 years after the most recent one, start a rocket company. Get car of the year from multiple sources, reset the top bar for car safety standards, enable driving without the need for oil with a reliable charging infrastructure, . . .
Be serious you clowns. Better yet, feel free to short TSLA

Yep, he can't do anything except the routine things anyone can do such as start a new car company, 100 years after the most recent one, start a rocket company. Get car of the year from multiple sources, reset the top bar for car safety standards, enable driving without the need for oil with a reliable charging infrastructure, . . .
Be serious you clowns. Better yet, feel free to short TSLA
Elon's accomplishments do not negate his false statements/lies and bad timelines. They are both true and it's one of the reasons he can be so polarizing. He can launch a ship to space one day then make a completely false statement on Twitter the next.

Elon's accomplishments do not negate his false statements/lies and bad timelines. They are both true and it's one of the reasons he can be so polarizing. He can launch a ship to space one day then make a completely false statement on Twitter the next.
The man’s optimism and can do attitude has changed the world and made him rich...his response to everything is that it can be done soon...is that really enough to pillory him for?

Reactions: STUtoday and Mengy
The man’s optimism and can do attitude has changed the world and made him rich...his response to everything is that it can be done soon...is that really enough to pillory him for?
He's made completely false statements on the regular. When he does that in the public spot light, it warrants criticism. It's crazy that there are super fans that they think his successes have elevated him beyond criticism. No one is perfect.

I rather hear from an innovative leader for their visions, ideas, plans, promises, miss deliveries, etc
Then not hear from our leaders, a lot of silence
Bill Gates, Tim Cook, Jony Ive, etc
Share your thoughts guys, Tim only have iPhone, Vision Pro? Nothing for the good of mankind?

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev and EXOTIC1
I rather hear from an innovative leader for their visions, ideas, plans, promises, miss deliveries, etc
Then not hear from our leaders, a lot of silence
Bill Gates, Tim Cook, Jony Ive, etc
Share your thoughts guys, Tim only have iPhone, Vision Pro? Nothing for the good of mankind?
Elon = more than a man …. Less than a God
👍🤘

Ford was as low a character as you’ve had on your side of the Atlantic
True 'dat.
Alas, he was an "innovative leader for their visions, ideas, plans, promises".
Also was into publishing.
And definitely had his own strong fan base
You may NOT want to be associated with that fan base, but he clearly had one. And still has one.

If one is not too too discerning with one's heroes, and just wants to bask in their limelight, you will certainly find yourself is some seriously problematic company. But hey, if all you want is attention, then who cares, right?!

Reactions: Bouba
Two points, first FSD promises are totally different from product pricing announcements. One is vaporware and lies that they know the other is an actual product price.
Second, I never said nor implied that the price would "hold" to the launch pricing I was saying the pricing relative to other models is enough to shoot down your stance. Elon has already said the price would be higher.
Lol, then what are you saying earlier about the price being too high for $70k. Look at your earlier post please!

Ford was as low a character as you’ve had on your side of the Atlantic
Yep, we've been short on Napoleans, and Dr. Joseph-Ignace Guillotin types, making it hard to measure up over here.
While Ford and most (all) of our past (and present) leaders all had plenty of faults, we should also focus on and recognize accomplishments sometimes instead of just beating down or we'd never get anywhere.
Were Louis Pasteur, Charles-Augustin de Coulomb, Jacques-Yves Cousteau, etc perfect? I don't know but they did some awesome things for which I'm most grateful.
Remember that Ford brought modern transportation to the masses, giving them flexibility to make their lives better and avoid owing their "soul to the company store". For that I'm grateful. For other things, not so much.

Reactions: gtae07
Its probably easy for overachievers to get lost in the negative things but, back in 2003, when our EVs were being taken away and crushed, we were looking for a smart maniac with a lot of money who was willing to put it up against Big Auto.
Now, I don't turn to the Dalai Llama or the Pope to develop world saving technologies, nor do I turn to geek industrialists for moral guidance (maybe the pope isn't a good example :) ).
As far as timelines go, no great achievements happen on a timeline. Faster, Cheaper, Better <= pick any 2.
Technology development timelines are only used by MBAs to stab each other in the back while fighting for the corner office. In reality, if one sticks mindlessly to a predicted timeline, the accomplishments tend to be much less.

Yep, we've been short on Napoleans, and Dr. Joseph-Ignace Guillotin types, making it hard to measure up over here.
While Ford and most (all) of our past (and present) leaders all had plenty of faults, we should also focus on and recognize accomplishments sometimes instead of just beating down or we'd never get anywhere.
Were Louis Pasteur, Charles-Augustin de Coulomb, Jacques-Yves Cousteau, etc perfect? I don't know but they did some awesome things for which I'm most grateful.
Remember that Ford brought modern transportation to the masses, giving them flexibility to make their lives better and avoid owing their "soul to the company store". For that I'm grateful. For other things, not so much.
But none of the people listed on anyone's list are beyond criticism. Elon intentionally puts himself out there. He often says things that maybe even he knows aren't true or won't meet the deadlines. Some of it motivates internally and/or pumps stock, some is just the fact he speaks off the cuff without looking into things, but because of the wealth, company, and great things he's done for one to say those shouldn't criticize him is just crazy.

No one is perfect. We are free to speak to the good and the bad.

Reactions: TessP100D
America has always been a force for good in the world....one of the very few countries where morality plays a part in foreign policy....so that Ford was a bad man, far sighted and a possibly a genius but bad...and if you judge a man by the company he keeps...then he’s evil. But not anywhere on a European scale of evilness ...where not just their thoughts but their actions beggar belief (and that includes a few famous European car manufacturers)

Its probably easy for overachievers to get lost in the negative things but, back in 2003, when our EVs were being taken away and crushed, we were looking for a smart maniac with a lot of money who was willing to put it up against Big Auto.
Now, I don't turn to the Dalai Llama or the Pope to develop world saving technologies, nor do I turn to geek industrialists for moral guidance (maybe the pope isn't a good example :) ).
As far as timelines go, no great achievements happen on a timeline. Faster, Cheaper, Better <= pick any 2.
Technology development timelines are only used by MBAs to stab each other in the back while fighting for the corner office. In reality, if one sticks mindlessly to a predicted timeline, the accomplishments tend to be much less.
There's no substance to this post and it's not just about his poor timelines. There are many things he says that are easily verifiable as false. I absolutely appreciate him and what he's done, but equally call him out when he states things on twitter that are false and let people know that his timelines aren't to be taken serious. He himself mocks his timelines in podcasts. He has stated that some of his tweets are false...It's just weird to defend him as being beyond reproach.

The Cybertruck isn't an exoskeleton. Most are fine with that...very few actually care, but it's just odd seeing people clamor to try to create a new definition for exoskeleton (the outside is hard and protects the inside, etc.). There are pages of things he's tweeted and said that are absolutely false...they provide context for tempering expectations, because he has a tendency to say things that aren't actually true all while eventually delivering great things. Again, he's not perfect.