Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Key Fob To The Rescue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw Model 3 Owners Club tweeted this photo with confirmation that the Model 3 will be getting a Keyfob

Attachments

• 31E95A3F-138B-44CB-AE7C-4CCDE36EDA28.jpeg
    31E95A3F-138B-44CB-AE7C-4CCDE36EDA28.jpeg
    210.9 KB · Views: 193
While I'm initially excited at the prospect of the key fob, I might end up waiting, especially depending on price.

I definitely empathize with folks who are having phone difficulties. I haven't had any (yet) with 3k miles that have bothered me. The car unlocks 99% of the time when I approach, and while there have been instances where it needs about 1 second longer after I grab the handle for the first time, I've never needed to take the phone out of my pocket. But I have a feeling that while it has worked well for my wife and I up to this point, a simple software update (for the phone) or a new phone could throw everything out of whack in incredibly irritating ways.

But a fob would be really handy for those times when I'm walking up to the car with groceries/anything else. It's annoying to have to pull out my phone, look at it, make several taps to get the trunk to open. On just about any other car I can reach into my pocket and hit the button without even removing the fob from my pocket (even more annoying is the lack of power liftgate but I digress). But I'll admit, aside from the trunk issue, it has been nice not having a key in my pocket too.

Reactions: Nocturnal
But a fob would be really handy for those times when I'm walking up to the car with groceries/anything else. It's annoying to have to pull out my phone, look at it, make several taps to get the trunk to open.

Why do you have to pull your phone out? Can't you just walk up and hit the button on the trunk to pop it open?