Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just saw delivery estimate go from Nov to Jan!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed that my deliver timeframe has become "tighter" instead of it saying Late-Nov to Early-Dec it now says November 27th to December 11th.

I wonder what phase of production makes the timeframe get tighter? Does anyone know how far along this might mean I am?

Perhaps when the transportation team assigns your car to a mode (train, boat, truck) and specific carrier according to a schedule?

I ordered an S90 in September and asked for a 2016. My delivery has always been late January - February. A few weeks ago I was notified that it is scheduled to enter production on January 4th. Yesterday, on a Saturday, I got both an email and a voice mail left on my cell phone stating that if I would accept a 2015, I could have it by the holidays. I think maybe they build these in blocks dependent on either battery size or 2 wheel/all wheel drive. It's a mystery.

I ordered an S90 in September and asked for a 2016. My delivery has always been late January - February. A few weeks ago I was notified that it is scheduled to enter production on January 4th. Yesterday, on a Saturday, I got both an email and a voice mail left on my cell phone stating that if I would accept a 2015, I could have it by the holidays. I think maybe they build these in blocks dependent on either battery size or 2 wheel/all wheel drive. It's a mystery.

Sounds like they want to see if you will consider a 2015 due to the sales goal trying to be met. If you want a 2016, it would be nice in that you get the newer Vin # and "model year" but it's not worth much more than just computing the build date from any Vin # and going forward. Depreciation is computed mainly from build-date rather than model year for a Model S. But if you are paying full price and want a 2016, go for it. If you want to "consider a discount" than possibly you can choose from a list of regional inventory units and save a few $thousand.

Same email here. Due date on mine is today by 6pm

I assume that if I have a two week window for delivery that my car is basically done and should go into the transit status today/tomorrow?
FWIW in my case, I first saw an estimated delivery date with 2 week window (Nov 30-Dec 14) on My Tesla just 2 days ago (11/21). At that time, it still said "in production". Before then there was no indication of date other than a verbal "early Dec" from my DS.

Then today, the status got updated to "in transit", and also today the estimated date window narrowed to just 1 week (Nov 27-Dec 4). I assume model/configuration as well as final destination factors in heavily to how they batch shipments?

Just entered "In Transit", went from Dec 25th - Jan 8th to December 2nd - 8th. Maybe I will have it this year...
What is the final destination? I see you are in New England and I would like to get a better feel on west coast to New England delivery times. I have seen as low as 6 days and as high as low thirtys. Former being enclosed truck and latter being train and truck and truck.

MA cars often come thru New Jersey if by train and truck. If you car is coming via enclosed trailer truck then there may be a few stops enroute to Dedham. Your DS will fill you in on the mode of transport.

I have seen some trucks offload from NJ in Milford, CT and then carry on into Dedham with a partial load.

There is a large train depot in NJ where the cars are offloaded.

Just noticed that my deliver timeframe has become "tighter" instead of it saying Late-Nov to Early-Dec it now says November 27th to December 11th.

I wonder what phase of production makes the timeframe get tighter? Does anyone know how far along this might mean I am?

And today it changed to "In Transit" and I got an email from my DS - picking her up after Thanksgiving!!

Estimated Delivery

November 29, 2015 - December 6, 2015

giphy.gif

What is the final destination? I see you are in New England and I would like to get a better feel on west coast to New England delivery times. I have seen as low as 6 days and as high as low thirtys. Former being enclosed truck and latter being train and truck and truck.

FYI car went to final inspection and detail, I assume that means it's been unloaded from a truck, took 7 days. Still no call from the DS. But they've been generally uncommunicative through the whole process.