Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered Plaid today ..realistic delivery date?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ultra Red I meant
Lol
Omg I’m so New 🥴
There are 100000 posts in another thread that failed to come up with a definitive formula for delivery dates.

However, you could check local inventory for your config, that might help determine the supply.

Besides the Tesla site, here is another that you can filter and sort:

Don't let Tesla give you a reject! Get the build date.

It's worth the wait to get the defect free car you want.

They are holding up production until the seat changes and other changes (potentially) are ready. They might've started already, but almost no one has taken delivery of a Plaid recently (unless it was an inventory car). Just check the delivery thread and you'll see.

For example, I ordered on 3/7 and still have no VIN and my order got pushed to 4/19-5/24 window (which probably will get pushed even more). Safe to say there are a TON of people ahead of you, however, once they start ramping up they will get to orders pretty quickly.

They are holding up production until the seat changes and other changes (potentially) are ready. They might've started already, but almost no one has taken delivery of a Plaid recently (unless it was an inventory car). Just check the delivery thread and you'll see.

For example, I ordered on 3/7 and still have no VIN and my order got pushed to 4/19-5/24 window (which probably will get pushed even more). Safe to say there are a TON of people ahead of you, however, once they start ramping up they will get to orders pretty quickly.
Yikes
Looks like my traded won’t be worth as much in a few months 🙄
S performance

By the way, can you share how you structured your deal are you listing or buying I decided to lease
As I’m usually itching to get out of the car after two years anyway

Thanks
Rob

9C45D664-318C-41C4-B32F-253E178F366F.jpeg

here Is my 2020 performance w 22l milled bought it last week for and already I’m trading it in. Do you think it would sell on here?

Dang…..I ordered sat too. Says delivery Apr-May. Was hoping for delivery within a month but I’ve owned enough Teslas to know to expect the worst. Kind of like being on hold for an hour today. 🙄 I ordered because the sport seats came out but I might wait until one is in inventory. Not in a hurry to sell the Vanquish.

Dang…..I ordered sat too. Says delivery Apr-May. Was hoping for delivery within a month but I’ve owned enough Teslas to know to expect the worst. Kind of like being on hold for an hour today. 🙄 I ordered because the sport seats came out but I might wait until one is in inventory. Not in a hurry to sell the Vanquish.
Nice congrats What spec did u order sir?

I ordered a MSLR last Monday 4/8. On Saturday the 4/13 I received my VIN. There was no exact match to my selected config in local inventory on a 200 mile radius search at time of order or even now, so assume this is a new build out of Fremont. App did try to get me to select a different config for a faster delivery, but chose to keep what I ordered.

App currently says estimated delivery is 4/27 - 5/3. I completed all of my delivery tasks immediately in the app when available. Not sure if that really makes a difference, but figured it can't hurt.

Will keep you posted if the delivery date holds. As someone said earlier, the delivery thread does not show anyone getting a new S within the last few weeks. The new plaid seats apparently started with 4/1 builds which does not impact my order, but would be sweet if the rumored front bumper camera and ambient lighting made it in. Neither are major concerns for me if not, but still would be cool to get if that's actually a thing rolling out. The Tesla rumor mill is strong.

I ordered a MSLR last Monday 4/8. On Saturday the 4/13 I received my VIN. There was no exact match to my selected config in local inventory on a 200 mile radius search at time of order or even now, so assume this is a new build out of Fremont. App did try to get me to select a different config for a faster delivery, but chose to keep what I ordered.

App currently says estimated delivery is 4/27 - 5/3. I completed all of my delivery tasks immediately in the app when available. Not sure if that really makes a difference, but figured it can't hurt.

Will keep you posted if the delivery date holds. As someone said earlier, the delivery thread does not show anyone getting a new S within the last few weeks. The new plaid seats apparently started with 4/1 builds which does not impact my order, but would be sweet if the rumored front bumper camera and ambient lighting made it in. Neither are major concerns for me if not, but still would be cool to get if that's actually a thing rolling out. The Tesla rumor mill is strong.
That’s awesome
I’m assuming because it’s not a plaid u got a vin? I have a trade so maybe them reaching out to my bank for pay off is affecting the process?

That’s awesome
I’m assuming because it’s not a plaid u got a vin? I have a trade so maybe them reaching out to my bank for pay off is affecting the process?
It's because it's a Long Range and not Plaid. Plenty of LRs have been delivered in the past several weeks as Fremont was making them. Fremont factory hasn't been cranking out Plaids at all lately = no VINs. It is unknown when they will flip the switch on those - hopefully soon.

To me, the stop of production was well planed... in Europe Tesla showed EDD April/Mai for Plaids from Dec. onwards. That was long before bridge collapse or lay offs...
I am quite curious what the first April produced Plaids will look like... anyone who got a EDD for a (April produced) Plaid already?

Ordered ruby red, 21 inch wheels, yoke steering wheel, black and white interior realistically when do you think I’ll get it if I ordered it today April 13, 2024

Thanks, Rob
Here’s the timeline of my 2023 MSP:

Ordered on 9/9/23. Initial EDD Sep-Oct 2023

9/9: EDD Sep-Oct
9/16: EDD 9/24 - 9/30
9/20: VIN
9/20: EDD 10/4 - 10/11
9/25: Insurance
9/28: EDD 10/1 - 10/10
10/1: Text from SA to schedule delivery
10/4: Delivered with 9 miles.

Ultra red, 21’s, steering wheel, black interior.