Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When can I expect my MSP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered an MSP ultra red w/yoke, 21” wheels, and black interior a week ago and live in DFW (if that matters).

For those who’ve recently ordered, what wait time should I expect? Currently telling me April which I know is zero chance.

Thanks in advance.

It is usually 2 to 4 weeks after your get your VIN for east coast. Your VIN is usually the week of build, unless your VIN is reassigned to you from inventory cars. Probably looking at 2 - 3 weeks after VIN to Texas, unless the car already has been built. PS - Don't send Tesla any money besides the order fee until after you see and accept the car.

It is usually 2 to 4 weeks after your get your VIN for east coast. Your VIN is usually the week of build, unless your VIN is reassigned to you from inventory cars. Probably looking at 2 - 3 weeks after VIN to Texas, unless the car already has been built. PS - Don't send Tesla any money besides the order fee until after you see and accept the car.
I agree 2-4 weeks. I am taking delivery Friday in upstate NY and I ordered about 3 weeks ago.

how can you see the car before payment?

On the day of delivery, look over the car, and then give them your check(s) or use the Tesla payment system that will take the money immediately out of your account like a debit card. If you are having the car delivered to your residence (do they still do this?), or perhaps in an area or state (Texas?) with no Tesla Store, there might be an issue with this process. If you pay in advance and refuse delivery, it will take months to get your money back, and who would you call and Tesla to expedite your refund?

You are basically screwed in Texas if you turn down the car. It took months to even get an overpayment refunded. If that had been sitting on 100K you can be sure they wouldn't be in a hurry to refund your money.

They did home delivery for 2 of my cars in Texas. One had enough issues the shouldn't have even delivered it to my house.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
On the day of delivery, look over the car, and then give them your check(s) or use the Tesla payment system that will take the money immediately out of your account like a debit card. If you are having the car delivered to your residence (do they still do this?), or perhaps in an area or state (Texas?) with no Tesla Store, there might be an issue with this process. If you pay in advance and refuse delivery, it will take months to get your money back, and who would you call and Tesla to expedite your refund?
I thought it takes a few days to transfer funds from your bank account to tesla?