Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just had my MYLR delivered today but have a silly question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all!

New comer here who just joined the Tesla family today.

I had my MYLR delivered today, which looked pretty cool and solid. After careful examination, I found one tiny paint defect on A pillar - see the photo.

IMG_1680.jpeg

Having read people’s stories on reporting paint issues to Tesla at the delivery, I wonder if I should report this issue and try to get it fixed or leave it. In another word, I wonder what kinds of paint issues warrant filling a report / don’t make myself a fool in being paranoid?

My mother took delivery of her white Model Y maybe a month ago and it had a defect very similar looking to yours. I swear the paint had been gouged and they touched it up with Wite-Out, it didn’t look good.

They offered to have their detail guys take a look at it, I thought there was no way they’d be able to do anything but 10 minutes later they brought it back out and I was shocked. You cannot tell where that spot was, they did a good job.

So I would ask the service center if the detailed could take a look at it and see what they can do.

Reactions: CuriousWren
Since you found one paint defect, I would immediately bring the vehicle to an Xpel installer for inspection and report on all aspects of the paint

Xpel installers are Tesla paint experts for readying vehicles prior to PPF and ceramic applications

Prior to my MYP getting PPF and ceramic, Xpel found a small area of specs in my paint and it was too late to have Tesla correct, I was starting the PPF/ceramic two day journey
My Tesla service center was over an hour away
I have no regrets but advising you as you are in a unique position

Btw, after Tesla fixes the paint, wait 60 days before you PPF and ceramic for the paint to cure
Have the installer confirm the paint is now perfect