Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just as I thought the P85+ couldn't get any better :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having owned both PS2 and PSS - though on different cars, so objective+subjective opinion:

PSS have more grip than PS2
PSS have slightly more road noise than PS2
PSS are silent when they break-away / start to slip; the PS2s howled (which I prefer).

PSS is I believe a 5-6 year newer design than the PS2. Better material science, additional R&D, etc would account for high tread life rating and a stickier compound.

Yes these are the vorsteiner vff-101. I belive they run around $3,000 a set. They are flow-forged wheels so not truely forged. Name is misleading, but since reading from other people that light weight rim does not benefit too much on this car, I didn't care too much. I went with the gloss black instead of the matte since everyone has the matte/plasti-dip look. Also I think it goes well with the black gloss of the nose cone and soon I will do a gloss black wrap on all my trims to match. Also I was under the impression the pilot super sport were superior to the PS2 in everyway and it does feel that way. I get less wheel spin launching and more lateral grip, but that might be the wider tires.

Spun-Rim, Flow-Forming or Rim Rolling Technology
This specialized process begins with a low pressure type of casting and uses a special machine that spins the initial casting, heats the outer portion of the casting and then uses steel rollers pressed against the rim area to pull the rim to its final width and shape. The combination of the heat, pressure and spinning create a rim area with the strength similar to a forged wheel without the high cost of the forging. Some of the special wheels produced for the O.E.M. high performance or limited production vehicles utilize this type of technology resulting in a light and strong wheel at a reasonable cost. O.Z. has used this technology for several years in their production of racing wheels for Formula One and Indy cars. O.Z.'s Formula HLT wheel for the aftermarket is an example of a wheel produced using spun rim technology.

Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tire Review RoadandTrack.com - Road & Track

Hi, I'm waithing for my tesla coming in about a month. Now looking for some nice summer wheels. I think the Vorsteiner look awsome! But please tell me the offsets in front and rear. Thanks:)

Wow old thread. I now have 25,000 miles on them and just hit a nail last week. When I took it to the tire shop and they said I still had 4-5/32 left in the rears. I was pretty shocked how much tread is still left given everyone complaining on the forum. I think 40k rears and 50k front is no problem on these given good alignment. Not to mention the tires cost almost half of the 21" ps2s