Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

June NoVA meet at new Tysons Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok just an update: we have 11 people confirmed so far for this meet on morning of June 22, with more to come as schedules crystallize, I'm sure. Heard from Beau from the store and due to the dealership thing, they cannot take any official participation in this, which is fine.

I'd be happy to caravan over from the west with a few other Lansdowne/Leesburg owners as well :).

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

That morning is looking iffy for me... but I hope y'all have a good time if I can't make it...

FWIW, I was there tonight, and chatting with one of the Gallery folks, and she told me that Model S chargers were due there soon. When I asked if she meant adapters for the Roadster chargers already on the wall, she said "No, Model S chargers." So if she wasn't mistaken, maybe you guys will get to try them out.

IMG_20130525_175117_902.jpg

One fun note: the mall parking structure was pretty full... as we were putting the pylons back and walking away, a woman in her BMW pulled up and said "Can we park there?", I told her unfortunately not unless she was a Tesla owner.

I let my buddy drive it home, and it's interesting to be a passenger when there's lots of people around... you really notice what kind of a head turner (and finger-pointer) the car is... :smile:

I'm in to meet up at Tyson's. I just put it on the calendar and I will be with the wife and daughter.

My wife never needs an excuse to go to the mall :)

Just to confirm it is June 22 at 9:30am? That date time works for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
I'm in to meet up at Tyson's. I just put it on the calendar and I will be with the wife and daughter.

My wife never needs an excuse to go to the mall :)

Just to confirm it is June 22 at 9:30am? That date time works for me.

Gotcha. Yes June 22 at 9:30am. I'm at Tysons now and they have one HPWC up in the Tesla spaces.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370018009379.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370018009379.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 231
Funny, couldnt they find a can of red spray paint? Just out with the old and in with the new I guess.

I'm in, have to check with the boss but maybe with both S and Roadster. I'll bring my orange cable, and I have 70 amps available 10 mins away for any long distance travelers.

Biff

Hehe... I was just going to post about the HPWC... I was there tonight charging with it. The car defaulted to 60A, and not knowing if that one had the fuse issue I left it alone.

Talking to Beau (the Gallery mgr, I believe) he said they too are awaiting the cable hanger. :)

They also hope to get a roadster adapter sent form the DC store soon, but he said those things are uber-rare...

hi, we'll (VA "TESLA S") be there from Williamsburg along our mitchelville buddy (MD "TESLA 1"). would love to schedule 30 min on the Nordstrom HPC if possible or 2-3 hrs on wall receptacle if available wherever y'all park. does mall security block off the parking garages at Tysons I similarly to the Galleria during non-business hours? thanks!

hi, we'll (VA "TESLA S") be there from Williamsburg along our mitchelville buddy (MD "TESLA 1"). would love to schedule 30 min on the Nordstrom HPC if possible or 2-3 hrs on wall receptacle if available wherever y'all park. does mall security block off the parking garages at Tysons I similarly to the Galleria during non-business hours? thanks!

I've never seen the lot closed.

Cool, out of town guests. We'll reserve a spot next to the HPWC for you guys. Access should not be an issue just before mall opening. Looks like we'll be around 20 deep in a couple weekends!

Any ideas on a good place we can all go for refreshments? Tysons food court doesn't seem to cut it for this group, lol.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I might be able to make it out to this meet. Hopefully I'll get my car back from the service center by then.

Based on the amount of people going it looks like meeting by the Tesla charger would be pretty cramped.

The top of a parking deck seems like a good open space and a good chance for a nice group pic. Here's one I took some pics at but I forget what side of the mall it's at:
IMG_20130505_162044_1400x1050.jpg

Those of us who live relatively close to Tyson's (within 30-40 miles) should not use the chargers (or the parking spots) and allow our out-of-town fellow Tesla owners use them since they need it more than us.

I would love to try out the HPWC (since I don't have one) but I will try it the next time I am at Tyson's.

Those of us who live relatively close to Tyson's (within 30-40 miles) should not use the chargers (or the parking spots) and allow our out-of-town fellow Tesla owners use them since they need it more than us.

I would love to try out the HPWC (since I don't have one) but I will try it the next time I am at Tyson's.

I'm close and don't need to use the charger. I will be happy to meet at the charger as or on a top deck.

Hopefully I will have my spoiler on by then.

Good points above. No locals will need to charge, just need to look good for the cameras :) .

I do suppose that if we have 20 Teslas at the charging spots, over half of them will be in the darkness of that garage. That big logo does look nice though... Also, if a couple of cars will be charging, we might as well all be parked there. So my vote is still to park in the garage at the Tesla spots. We can iron this out over the next couple weeks. But, something else going against parking in those spots is leaving: you have to make a weird sharp left turn around some cones on the left and wait for cars coming into the garage from the left also (and cars are ALWAYS coming in). So won't be the quickest of exits for all of us.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2