Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northern Virginia Model S Owners!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. My wife is going to take the S up to Tysons on Thursday, I'll do a Range charge and she should be good, but I do have some backup charge places mapped our for her, and told her to drive gently. ;)

Scott- I just posted a few pictures of a new Tesla area in the garage near Nordstrom that my wife took. There is a Tesla charger there. No idea if it's on, and it's certainly not intended to be public, but maybe you can get permission from someone to use it? The store isn't open yet.

Tyson's Corner store must be opening soon?

Saw that -- I will definitely try to get ahold of someone about it.

Scott- I just posted a few pictures of a new Tesla area in the garage near Nordstrom that my wife took. There is a Tesla charger there. No idea if it's on, and it's certainly not intended to be public, but maybe you can get permission from someone to use it? The store isn't open yet.

Tyson's Corner store must be opening soon?

Took delivery yesterday at Rockville - Jamee was an awesome DS!

60, Std White, Pano, Tan Leather, Obeche matte, tech, air, jump seats. Kids are loving them! Standard sound is much better than I expected coming from the Volkswagen Passat's 600W DynAudio.

I'm in Fairfax/Clifton area.

Hey TL,

I was just visiting Richmond this weekend and got a lot more interest and questions about the MS than here in Lynchburg. It was a nice visit and reminded me how much I like RVA. I stayed at the Jefferson which doesn't have chargers (Omni has 2 for those planning on a visit). I noticed a few 110 outlets right in front of the hotel as I was walking in, so I asked the concierge, who talked with security and they let me park right out front to charge overnight. On a busy Friday night no less! I have a 14-50 if you're out this way. This is an EV wasteland and you won't find any chargers between Richmond and Roanoke. Pic below of my Jefferson Hotel parking.

Attachments

• IMG_0777.jpg
    IMG_0777.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 354
99 Years Later, Electric Car 'Sociability Run' Honored In DC

From Green Car Reports
"This is a momentous year for electric car fans: the 99th anniversary of Washington, D.C.'s historic Electric Sociability Run of 1914. To commemorate that event, enthusiasts are planning a similar rally this Memorial Day weekend.
If you and your electric vehicle are planning to be in Washington, D.C. on Monday, May 27, you can register for the event at PlugInRally.org. Hurry, though -- of the 75 spots available, it looks as if only about 25 are left."

Little charging help here on the Middle Peninsula. I have had conversations with Colonial Williamsburg about considering a SuperCharger. It attracts the sweet spot CW loves. I hope those discussions continue. Spent the weekend in DC and was astounded, frankly, about the questions we got there about the MS. DC store experience 100% better than previous one. Plugged in at DC store for recharge. They offered to keep it overnight. Savings: electricity and $45 parking at the Hay-Adams.

Word on Tesla rally at Kingsmill in Williamsburg. Planned for May 19th, I think. Look for additional word on this get together.

Hey guys, now that the Tysons store is open and the weather is nicer, why don't we do a get-together there? Looks like they have Tesla parking and some type of chargers for anyone traveling from farther out. I can think of about 5 more Loudoun guys not on the list above that we can add.

I can even call up the store and see if they want to be involved with this for marketing purposes. They may already have an event planned as I was told over the winter that they would have an evening opening event, but everything got delayed with the store.

Otherwise we can meet in the store, take pics, go to the lot, take pics, and go grab some steaks and a cocktail.:beer: Oh yeah, I also need to test drive Andrew's P85+ once he gets it as well:D.

We can make a new thread on this if you guys want as well. Have a great weekend.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2