Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

June NoVA meet at new Tysons Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This Saturday, June 22, 9:30am.

We have not decided fully on which parking lot and which restaurant after going to the store. Please post if you feel strongly about either.

Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

hi dockt, might there be a parking location that would have a nice looking backdrop for suitable pic taking?

- - - Updated - - -

hi Ven Rala, we will be departing from Cantrell rd. in SS to go to Tyson's. pls. let us know if you would like to caravan.

hi dockt, might there be a parking location that would have a nice looking backdrop for suitable pic taking?

- - - Updated - - -

hi Ven Rala, we will be departing from Cantrell rd. in SS to go to Tyson's. pls. let us know if you would like to caravan.

Andrew, what do you recommend for the parking place -: same deck as mentioned back a couple pages? We'll go with that and then people who need to charge can go to the Tesla spots.

Well, the bottom floor place has Tesla markings for good pics but its a little dark and only 1.5 plugs. At that time the top of the parking garage will be empty. The weather so far looks good. On the top we could be creative in parking and pictures. So I might vote going to the top and people who need charging can hang low.

So far Brio opens at 11 and seems to be the earliest. If thats a consensus we should give them fair warning, they wont be used to 20 people walking in at opening time. So voice a few yeahs or nays on that idea and I can call them.

The fun part might very well be a bunch of us in our (what color are we wearing?) shirts hanging out in the store
and offering to take people up to the lot and show the various cars. A special Tesla owner event. Probably wont be that many people in the morning but still might be fun.

(if anybody is worried about distance and charging, say so. besides the Tysons chargers I have 70 amps and there are others. Dont let that be a worry on traveling in.)

Bifff, thanks for taking the initiative. Please do call Brio (I'm for it), I'm sure not all 20 will stay for lunch, but judging from these forums it would be great to all sit down and talk about some of these juicy issues eg 2 days after the big announcement on Thursday... Also, I have a green Tesla Model S t-shirt -- anyone want to coordinate? :-D

Bifff, thanks for taking the initiative. Please do call Brio (I'm for it), I'm sure not all 20 will stay for lunch, but judging from these forums it would be great to all sit down and talk about some of these juicy issues eg 2 days after the big announcement on Thursday... Also, I have a green Tesla Model S t-shirt -- anyone want to coordinate? :-D

I have no Tesla shirt. ;-( There was only one I liked (the one with the vague, swooshy outline of the Model S--white on grey? grey on grey? I forget). Maybe I'll swing by before Saturday. ;-)

I like Brio.

My vote is the top/roof of the garage for pics. From there those that need to charge can head down. We can always take another picture of the 5-6 cars that will fit in the Tesla area on the lower level.

Regarding lunch, the food court may work better. No coordinating required, multiple food options, and getting a table for 20 should be easy enough at 11.

Last edited:
My vote is the top/roof if the garage for pics. From there those that need to charge can head down. We can always take another picture of the 5-6 cars that will fit in the Tesla area on the lower level.

Regarding lunch, the food court may work better. No coordinating required, multiple food options, and getting a table for 20 should be easy enough at 11.

Both good points. Definitely the top for pics (the top of whichever garage has the HPWCs in it, I presume--not sure which that is).

Hey guys,

I'm not an owner (yet), I work next to the mall and I am madly obsessed with Tesla. Unfortunately I'll be out of town but I wanted to give you guys the scoop on the parking garages. The best place to take photos IMO would be the garage roof on the opposite side of the mall vs. the one with the chargers on level 1. The roof of the garage with chargers is almost always packed, even in the morning, and it's surrounded by ugly buildings (with exception to the MicroStrategy building which is pretty cool looking). Also a large section of the charger-garage roof was recently closed off for construction.

The 2nd garage roof is usually completely empty, and if you're facing the spots in the western corner, the background is all sky baby. No cranes or movie theater signs ruining your photo opp... Plus you can probably give people from the showroom test drives around the empty roof deck.

mapshot.jpg
photo.JPG

Thanks GatorEight, I vote we meet at the 2nd Garage for photo opportunities starting 9:30am. Get to know each other and our cars until about 11. We shift to charger level garage so that people needing charge can hookup. Either we visit the store before or after the lunch. I suggest we all ware a Tesla souvenir (hat, cap, shirt, etc.) so that people can see us as a Tesla group. I plan to ware a Tesla shirt and/or cap.

Ok, I have deleted my Google map as to avoid confusion. Let's go with GatorEight's suggestion. The area that he indicated for the chargers I think is slightly off, but it won't matter. It's on the first level of the south east lot. The tesla area is against a wall, which one would assume is the exterior wall. I think the wall is actually about mid-way in the lot. The far wall (if memory serves) is not 100% solid and you can see out onto the road. It's closer to the bridge going into Nordstrom's. Since we're meeting for pics first it will be easy enough to direct those that need to charge if need be.

Andrew

Last edited:
I suggest we all ware a Tesla souvenir (hat, cap, shirt, etc.) so that people can see us as a Tesla group. I plan to ware a Tesla shirt and/or cap.

I stopped by today (saw the HPWC and Roadster charger, plus space for a couple of other cars) and there was a car parked by the charger (but not charging), with parking lights on (why?!), but not charging. I think it had a new car sticker in the window. Anyway, I went to the store but they didn't have shirts in my size...well, not the one I wanted (any color--I didn't want the big TESLA down the side, but the other one, with the outline of a Model S). Oh well. There was no one in the store and the two guys there were very helpful and nice, though. They asked if I'd parked a Tesla spot, but I hadn't.

Anyway, I have no Tesla swag to wear, this time around. But I tried to get something! ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

I just saw GatorEight's message. The garage he indicated will also work and is likely to have less traffic. It's just more of a pain to get up there (have to circle around 7? levels.)

I wonder how busy it really is on a Saturday, before the mall opens (doesn't the mall open at 10?). Weekdays, I could see it being more crowded...but Saturday at 9:30ish? ;-(

As you say, the second garage is a PITA, but if you like a lot of short tight turns in your Model S, it could be fun.... ;-) Tedious but fun.

Anyway, I'm flexible (but indecisive). The only risk of the 2nd garage is if people don't read between when a consensus is reached and Saturday morning.

I may not be able to make the meet this Saturday. I am taking the car in to have the windshield replaced tomorrow and I won't be able to pick it up until Saturday. The Rockville SC doen't open until 10AM then I still have a drive to get back to Tyson's. I should be able to swing by but I don't know how late I will be.

I may not be able to make the meet this Saturday. I am taking the car in to have the windshield replaced tomorrow and I won't be able to pick it up until Saturday. The Rockville SC doen't open until 10AM then I still have a drive to get back to Tyson's. I should be able to swing by but I don't know how late I will be.

You can still come for lunch and/or store time.

Or maybe someone here can drive you to and from? There may be other cars at the meet that look like yours, so it is more important we meet you :).

Or maybe someone here can drive you to and from? There may be other cars at the meet that look like yours, so it is more important we meet you :).

Not possible for that to happen. No one else chose lacewood :) j/k

The bigger issue is getting my car back before they close since that would mean no car until Monday.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I've updated the original post with final info for the meet. Meet at roof level of parking garage noted above per GatorEight. After the store, it will be food court to allow for easy payments, freedom to come/go as needed, variety of food, etc. Please PM or post with any additional questions or concerns. Looking forward to seeing everyone!