Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Journalist runs out of power in a rented Tesla and writes a review.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Grumble. I feel like a full half-empty (50%) glass of water about now.

Please. You're the one whose grumbled about 'full' not meaning range so was clarifying. Sure, I could have just said standard (90%) charge and that might have been better. I think it was pretty clear given that 90% was next to it. Please let me know how all of us are supposed to refer to the charge states in the future in a way that is acceptable.

- - - Updated - - -

If you set a standard charge and a circuit breaks early at the rental place is that charge complete? A range charge doesn't charge the individual cells to 100%. Oh no, can I not call that full too? t can parse language too but there are more important things.

Actually I did just join tonight after seeing that article. I thought it was pretty ridiculous and hadn't seen anyone post it on the TM site and this one so I thought I'd post it. But I'm getting my S85 delivered soon and thought this was a forum I should be a part of.

Was that wrong?

Yes. Yes it was. How dare you. Join another forum. :biggrin:

I'm totally joking. Welcome Mate.

On a serious note though there's a lot of cranky posts in this thread. There's a lot of posts, comments and cranky articles about EV's all over the web. Seems to attract a lot of that.

It still baffles me why it makes news when an EV runs out of battery but it's not news when the 50,000 people run out of petrol and walk or hitch to a patrol station to buy the can and 5 litres of gas, hitch back and fuel it up enough to get back to the station.

The last time I ran out was my fault obviously, and yet if you run out in an EV it's the car's fault somehow? I ran out because I thought there would be a petrol station open in the samll town I was passing through on the way to a friends house. We arrived after about 10pm and found out nothing was open. So we had no choice but to push on and about 20 minutes later we ran out. No phone reception to call my friend so we were lucky enough to be picked up by a truckie who gave us a ride into the next town. BTW being in the cab of a big semi-trailer was pretty cool.

Ironically when I phoned my friend he was running low on petrol as he intended to fuel up the next morning and in his small town there station wasn't open 24 hours so it was nail biting when he picked us up as to whether we'd make it back home and then nail biting the next day as to whether we'd make it back the next morning.

Absolutley zero percent of this was the cars fault. Or was it. Damn VW running out on me like that :biggrin: