Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jack Plugs (Poll)

Did you know about the "Jack Plug" for the Model 3 (or any oher car for that matter)?

• Yes, of course, I'm not a dolt. I plan to get one for my M3 (or already have one)

Votes: 27 65.9%
  • No, but I do now and plan to get one (or a set)

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • No, but I do now... but don't plan to get one (or a set)

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Yes, but I don't feel the need to get one - just another gimmick

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made 6 plugs for $21, oLr $3.50 pOiecOe

$13 Sports Ice Hockey PCuck (Pack of 6)

$8 Bumper
Feet Cover 10pcs 1" Diameter

517I%2B3jn2ML._SL1100_.jpg

61KhFZUx0PL._SL1000_.jpg

I don’t understand why you would need more than one? When I change my tires/wheel, I do it one wheel at a time, so I only need one Jack Pad to do all four wheels, right! Please enlighten me if I’m missing something here?

Do those puppies stick into the hole snugly? It is the DIY thing.
Kinda like to not have to hold it in place.

Right, and think how it wouldn't work at a tire shop with hired help and a four point lift? How would you ever get them aligned without damaging your car? For this reason, spending an extra $10-$15 for the shiney-thingies that hold on to the car was worth it to me! :D

Reactions: Kleenerth3
I don’t understand why you would need more than one? When I change my tires/wheel, I do it one wheel at a time, so I only need one Jack Pad to do all four wheels, right! Please enlighten me if I’m missing something here?
Even if you DIY tires, rotations would require 2. If I'm buying a new set, I don't want to rely on the shops "expert" having the proper equipment.
I was a Boy Scout, I'll admit.
"Be Prepared"

Reactions: jebinc

Even if you DIY tires, rotations would require 2. If I'm buying a new set, I don't want to rely on the shops "expert" having the proper equipment.
I was a Boy Scout, I'll admit.
"Be Prepared"

Yup...plus, it's more convenient to place two on one side or all four at once so that no one's having to take one out and then reinserting it in the next hole(s). For the non-DIYers, you avoid the hassle of having to trust tire shop techs to remember to do it for each plug. But if you ask them to plug all four at once and witness them doing so--or you do it yourself)--then you have the peace of mind knowing that they will have lifted it on the plugs regardless. But, even if you do your own tire rotations, I think it's still more convenient to place on both sides, rather than having to do it for each plug after you finish one corner; this way, you just remove them both (or all four), after you're done with the rotations at the end. This was my rationale for going with 4 rather than one or two.

Update/Review:

I received my Jack Plugs yesterday from the US-based manufacture who's link is Tesla Model 3 Low Profile Jack Point / Pad Adapter Tool - QTY:4 w/Carrying Case | eBay. I must say, "These things are a work of art and DEFINATELY worth the $34.99 paid! Not only for the "conversation piece" aspect they bring to the table, but just based on pure quality of materials used and high quality manufacturing processes. These feel "custom-made," rather than some mass produced alternative (picture attached is one of the actual plugs in my kit). Just wanted you all to know as an aid to your decision making.

Jack Plug.jpg

Update/Review:

I received my Jack Plugs yesterday from the US-based manufacture who's link is Tesla Model 3 Low Profile Jack Point / Pad Adapter Tool - QTY:4 w/Carrying Case | eBay. I must say, "These things are a work of art and DEFINATELY worth the $34.99 paid! Not only for the "conversation piece" aspect they bring to the table, but just based on pure quality of materials used and high quality manufacturing processes. These feel "custom-made," rather than some mass produced alternative (picture attached is one of the actual plugs in my kit). Just wanted you all to know as an aid to your decision making.

View attachment 431171

Much smaller than I thought they’d be. You must have big hands, lol.

Reactions: Kleenerth3
At first I thought jack pads were a gimmick, because I thought it would be obvious to align a wooden or rubber block with the jacking area. Then the 2nd time I went to Discount Tires for a rotation, the idiot misaligned their rubber block and dented the side plastic trim by one tire, although I had printed out the jacking instructions page from the manual. It's a good thing he didn't misalign the block in the other direction and damage the battery. That's when I realized that the jack pad protrusions are there to idiot proof the jacking procedure. I carry a set of four pads in the car all the time now.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jebinc
IMG_20190720_100903588.jpg
At first I thought jack pads were a gimmick, because I thought it would be obvious to align a wooden or rubber block with the jacking area. Then the 2nd time I went to Discount Tires for a rotation, the idiot misaligned their rubber block and dented the side plastic trim by one tire, although I had printed out the jacking instructions page from the manual. It's a good thing he didn't misalign the block in the other direction and damage the battery. That's when I realized that the jack pad protrusions are there to idiot proof the jacking procedure. I carry a set of four pads in the car all the time now.
Oh yeah. And I might consider putting them in myself when or before I get there. I actually have to push hard and twist to get my new ones in all the way.
I had a good idea there were a lot of idiots out there but wow! Good post