Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Detroit Lake worth it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bend is one of the top 10 fastest growing destination cities in the U.S. It has as much going on in the summer as it does when the ski area opens. If you come through please know that the traffic circles are yield not stop circles...(that is a joke btw).
T
I agree. Bend is really cool, which surprises me it has been left so hard to get to from the East. With only the single 40A charger, the 3+ hours charging doesn't make that trip very appealing.

I agree. When you drive East from Bend you can go hundreds of miles and pass 5 houses the whole time. It is amazing country for sure and the drive is really really fun with the curvy roads and lack of LE almost the whole way if you have radar. I have been saved EVERY trip by my Bel Radar detector because it is too easy to let "go" on that road to Burns and Ontario. They need a SuperCharger there.

I agree. When you drive East from Bend you can go hundreds of miles and pass 5 houses the whole time. It is amazing country for sure and the drive is really really fun with the curvy roads and lack of LE almost the whole way if you have radar. I have been saved EVERY trip by my Bel Radar detector because it is too easy to let "go" on that road to Burns and Ontario. They need a SuperCharger there.
If there's a lack of LE, why would you need radar?

I've done the other route once, going on highway 26 through John Day, since it gets to a Supercharger in Baker city, but damn, that section from about Prairie City to Baker City through the mountains is freaking dangerous at night! I would only recommend doing that in the daytime. They have sudden blind curves without any warning signs that they are coming up, and with as tight as the curving is, you don't have a lot of room or warning time to see them coming in the dark very well. Highway 20 through Burns is much easier.