Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is cybertruck the ultimate powder chasing machine?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Skier and snowboarders. Do you plan to buy cybertruck for going uphill? With 500plus miles and awesome torque control it seems like it’ll beat any other vehicle for chasing powder. Also enough space for gear and 6 people! Less emission to cause global warming etc etc. what do you say?

Reactions: LionXng and israndy
Lots of extreme cold weather have 120V outlets already built in for parking spaces. People use them to plug in their engine warmers. Gotta keep the oil warm or they will refuse to start.
Could easily plug in your Tesla to offset vampire drain and slowly charge as well.

Reactions: LionXng
Lots of extreme cold weather have 120V outlets already built in for parking spaces. People use them to plug in their engine warmers. Gotta keep the oil warm or they will refuse to start.
Could easily plug in your Tesla to offset vampire drain and slowly charge as well.

Hah .... Not really.. I would say 98% of the vehicles in Vancouver Canada don't have block heaters installed in them. I have actually never owned a vehicle with a block heater on it. Only need those in -30 weather. Prairies.... And you wont find any ski hills in those area's. Ontario yes... Lots of instances where plugging in a vehicle just isnt possible. I have never seen one in a ski resort parking lot before. I do however know of Tesla station located in whistler. Not exactly a dream ski vehicle though IMO. Maybe if it had tracks and could take you into the back country

• Disagree
Reactions: LionXng

Christmas lights have to plug in someplace. All I need is enough to get to town and back up the mountain. $20 to security and I sleep in the back like the good old days. I find 120V in boxes in plenty of ski towns. Often next to guard shacks etc... One needs to be creative and friendly. Those two together you can charge anywhere.

Edit: Chasing powder from my experience is chasing storms across the west for the latest dump. Pull in at 3am. Ski early, and be on your way to the next dumping ground if there is a good set of snow for a couple days. Avoid the crowds. That was 20 years ago....

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Weeee
Wouldn't call it any better than any ICE pickup or SUV. But alright all get on the Kool-aid.... Guess its electric. Could only imagine how terrible the drain would be parked outside a resort for a week in -10 weather.
Not gonna stay in one resort for long. That’s not chasing the powder by definition. ;) yes it’s gonna drain quite a bit. But usually you can find ways to plug in.

Reactions: outdoors
Hah .... Not really.. I would say 98% of the vehicles in Vancouver Canada don't have block heaters installed in them. I have actually never owned a vehicle with a block heater on it. Only need those in -30 weather. Prairies.... And you wont find any ski hills in those area's. Ontario yes... Lots of instances where plugging in a vehicle just isnt possible. I have never seen one in a ski resort parking lot before. I do however know of Tesla station located in whistler. Not exactly a dream ski vehicle though IMO. Maybe if it had tracks and could take you into the back country
Yes Vancouver is almost Banana belt climate. I lived in Whistler for 3 years, down at the bottom where your car will be it rarely gets to the single digits F and it can rain even in Jan/feb.

I’m in Alaska and we have block heaters and battery warmers on all our cars. Battery warmers are just as important as the block heater.

My guess is the CT won’t be a great winter roads vehicle, it’s big, tall, and heavy. All qualities are detrimental on winter roads. In general trucks and large SUVs are not great on winter roads, which is why Subaru, Audi Quattro cars, MB 4 mastic cars are the gold standard for winter vehicles.

I have to agree with coleAK. Trucks and SUV's aren't the best ski cars, especially if you drive in areas of high wind (aka Wyoming). I replaced a large Infiniti SUV with an E class wagon and the wagon is a much better ski car.

Overall I do think the CT will be a good ski car though and am considering it when I get the life out of my wagon. An EV truck with a large battery would be great for camping a couple days at a pass for some backcountry. The vault will be very handy and will be awesome to not need a ski box.

Side note. When I visited Whistler I was expecting warm weather and then I learned about something called an "Arctic Outflow".

I'm very excited to take it to Whistler as well as other North Cascades areas. Idaho also has some great primitive hot springs that are only accessible by aggressive off road vehicles.

It seems that CT will have great clearance and ability to store and dry the wet gear. Rivian has a good solution as well, but I expect to have good drying abilities as well as the great connectivity, preheat and range.