Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ipace to X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish the general public (and the media) understood this. Tesla is normally reviewed like every other car and the focus is on the quality of the interior and how shiny the thing is overall. Those are all nice things, but they don't do squat getting you from A to B reliably and fast. It's a CAR after all, not a show toy.

Every manufacturer has limited amount of resources they can pour into this and Tesla decided to focus on the real usability over the looks. Works for me, I take the bit less shiny interior any day if I don't have to fight with some charger support during the night to get the charger going OR best yet, sleep next to the charger with a small child (true story: happened to me after which I decided to go buy a Tesla immediately) as the bloody thing died totally.

Yes, I understand what you are trying to say but keep in my this is a 100K$ car.... and if I am not mistaken 5 years ago it was 140K$? asking for that amount of money will come with a lot of criticism. Have you driven a 140K$ Mercedes? night and day.

Yes, I understand what you are trying to say but keep in my this is a 100K$ car.... and if I am not mistaken 5 years ago it was 140K$? asking for that amount of money will come with a lot of criticism. Have you driven a 140K$ Mercedes? night and day.

I have driven EQC which costs about the same. Interior wise bit better, UI wise way worse and I would still have to camp by the charger occasionally..

Question:

I didn't even get the car yet and I already pissed off at Tesla.
I got a text to pay off the balance and pick up my car. I did that and got an email "thank you for your payment" so far so good.
Got a txt for scheduled delivery for Oct 25th at 3 pm.... great.
Yesterday I get a call from Tesla asking if I want to pick up the car on the 24th? I said sure, they ask for the time, I say 11 am. The person said ok we will txt you confirmation. Nothing came, This morning I looked at the website my appointment is set for Oct 27th.

I try to call them but no one answeres. The drive there is an hour-long.
What the hell Tesla?

Got a call from Tels that today delivery will not happen, the car has a cracked windshield...
My head tells me this was a bad idea...

This is the part of Tesla we all find painful. But, like everyone else, you'll love the car immensely. The poor buying experience will become a faint memory - something you will look back on and say, "it was well worth it".

• Love
Reactions: tierneyalvin
Welcome to Tesla delivery. :)
So many horror stories, but also many happy delivery stories. The way I look at Tesla. It's annoying when things don't work or go my way, but I enjoy the cars and the tech tremendously when it does work. I'm still waiting for a spoiler replacement for my '16 X, ordered in Feb this year, no updates, nothing. I only get a it's back-ordered every time I call for status updates every 3-4 weeks. Good thing I don't have to trade in my '16 for the '21 (which I was contemplating), I'll give it till Dec, maybe I'll tag Elon then if the spoiler is still on back order.

-ThinkMac-

Reactions: VikH
Question:

I didn't even get the car yet and I already pissed off at Tesla.
I got a text to pay off the balance and pick up my car. I did that and got an email "thank you for your payment" so far so good.
Got a txt for scheduled delivery for Oct 25th at 3 pm.... great.
Yesterday I get a call from Tesla asking if I want to pick up the car on the 24th? I said sure, they ask for the time, I say 11 am. The person said ok we will txt you confirmation. Nothing came, This morning I looked at the website my appointment is set for Oct 27th.

I try to call them but no one answeres. The drive there is an hour-long.
What the hell Tesla?
I have a friend who just ordered a 3 Performance, and I have already warned him not to expect a stellar delivery. Just go with the flow. I don’t understand why they bother scheduling delivery before they have even received the car to inspect it for damage.

Flawless delivery.
The car was in great condition no issues at all. I gave them the key to my ipace signed some papers and on my way home.

Love the car and thank you all for your help.
IMG_0284.jpg

5000 miles.
All reliable, no issues. The issue (for me) is DC chargers; you go to a station and they don't work, the chargers, not the car, you get errors and stuff. it is a nightmare.
Why is no other car manufacturer working on their own DC charging? Why is all the current options not reliable? I don't have the answers but I feel at times as if there are things in motion to sabotage the electric vehicle movement. Look at EA. This is from a company that has plenty of investments in ICE vehicles. Besides, a restitution is not going to be beautiful. If you are to be punished and made to paint a room, I know for fact you will not put your heart and soul into the project. I think this is what we see here with EA.

I look forward to your replies on the pros and cons of your X compared to the i place. BTW, any good I pace forums where other buyers are doing the same?

Beautiful car Sonos. Congrats!!

That white interior looks great.

Darmie: I think legacy ICE manufacturers are not as committed to the BEV future, hence the lack of investment into infrastructure. Plus, with the existing vehicles, nothing comes close to Tesla's range per charge. So mindset is probably that nobody will do road trips or travel far with their vehicles, hence no investment into charging infrastructure. The Tesla Supercharging Network is the biggest advantage Tesla has over others, and will continue to do so if the competition does not realize this.

-ThinkMac-

sure, i will post my impression in a few months after i get to drive the X for a while, we also going to be in Tahoe for Christmas so i am looking forward for our first road trip.

So far I used my ChargePoint to charge the car last night, 48amp, no problems.

I do have a question regarding the ChargePoint - is there a way to retrofit Tesla's 18' charging cable to it? using the adapter is a pain and my wife will not like it. I prefer the Tesla cable with the button, did anyone was able to use the Tesla cable with the ChargePoint flex?

I do have a question regarding the ChargePoint - is there a way to retrofit Tesla's 18' charging cable to it? using the adapter is a pain and my wife will not like it. I prefer the Tesla cable with the button, did anyone was able to use the Tesla cable with the ChargePoint flex?
Interesting there is a discussion here on how the charge point charges quicker than a nema 14:50 adapter. Would there be a way you can just install a nema 14:50 receptacle at that location? Then you can always purchase a used portable power plug and keep the one that came with the car in the trunk. The other approach would be to have installed the Tesla high power wall charger, but they are at the $500 price range.
Chargepoint Home Flex

Interesting there is a discussion here on how the charge point charges quicker than a nema 14:50 adapter. Would there be a way you can just install a nema 14:50 receptacle at that location? Then you can always purchase a used portable power plug and keep the one that came with the car in the trunk. The other approach would be to have installed the Tesla high power wall charger, but they are at the $500 price range.
Chargepoint Home Flex

Hardwired ChargePoint can deliver up to 50Amps you can configure it in the charger. Nema plugin is limited to 40amps, I hardwired mine to get to the 48amps charge rate for the X. The adapter that comes with Tesla is just metal so it is not affecting charge rates.

I really like the ChargePoint and it was giving it to me for free when I bought the ipace so I don't want to spend 500$ to change it, i wonder if i can replace just the cable with Tesla's and get away with it?

What if you just leave the J1772 adaptor always attached to your charge point cable? and just get an extra for the car when. you're traveling.

-ThinkMac-

When the car finishes charging and goes to sleep it is a hassle to take the adapter out of the car. When you click the ChargePoint button the X does not release the lock {while it sleeps} and you need to use the app or open the car to do so.

I assume this is not the case with the Tesla wall connector? You press the button and pull out.