Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior Options - Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to see it darker as well, but hey, better than nothing. The black looks good though, so I guess I'll stick with that.

Here are some more shots of the boards, and my mistake, it's Zuma not Tuma:

P1010035.JPG

P1010036.JPG

P1010043.JPG

@AnOutsider - Thanks for the pics. What are we looking at here? Prototype-era Model S (i.e. pre-December 2011)? A reveal/update on where interior is headed on the initial Model S? 2014 Model S? Model X?

Edit:
Seeing WhiteKnight's post, is it like the following?

Interior
BlackMammoth
TanMojave?
GreySalton
WhiteZuma

Exterior
Black
WhiteCatalina White
SilverSan Simeon Silver
BlueMonterey Blue
GreenSequoia Green
GreyTiburon Gray
BrownAnza Brown
Pearl WhiteShasta White
Signature Red

Last edited:
I was told in the tent that the Zuma was the White Leather for the Signatures and not an option on General Production.

That would make sense. So it seems we got a new color, and names for old colors.

@AnOutsider - Thanks for the pics. What are we looking at here? Prototype-era Model S (i.e. pre-December 2011)? A reveal/update on where interior is headed on the initial Model S? 2014 Model S? Model X?

Edit:
Seeing WhiteKnight's post, is it like the following?

This was on the Model S side of the tent, so I think what WK says is right. Old colors, new names, and new color (dark tan/light brown) with new name (Mojave).

As an aside, we need to scour the site better in the future. GeorgeB was a tad disappointed it took us so long to recognize the new interior options available for Performance S's :tongue:

It was kind of hard to tell colors from those Zuma, etc photos. As you can see from Outsider's photos, they had swatches of leather on the concept board. I was really struck by how light the gray and tan were, even compared to the white. It really didn't seem to me like it would be that much harder to keep the white clean than the gray or tan. I may go with the white after seeing it. IMO the tan is quite a light tan.

I have not seen this concern posted, so forgive me if has already been discussed, but I am not happy that there is only one choice for people who don't want a leather interior. I think at a minimum they should offer the other decor accents with black. Thoughts? I

I have not seen this concern posted, so forgive me if has already been discussed, but I am not happy that there is only one choice for people who don't want a leather interior. I think at a minimum they should offer the other decor accents with black. Thoughts? I
Wait a year.

Tesla's being extremely stingy with choices at the beginning of the production line, probably in order to aid with smooth production while "working the kinks out". The exterior color selection is frankly dreadful, and actually worse on the Signatures. The interior choices can only be described as minimalist.

I expect that the number of decorative options will be increased once Tesla is comfortable with the production line.

Interesting perspective; there are at least 4 exterior colors that would delight me, far more than any <$100k car I've ever researched. I agree that the interior options need expanding.

+1

I'm excited about the exterior color selection (on the Production version) because it includes, or will include, several real colors like red, green and blue. It seems as though most car companies currently offer, white, black, silver, and 6 shades of brown/grey (maybe red). I live in Oregon and have plenty of brown/grey in my life already! :wink: