Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vinyl or Carbon Fiber for wood delete?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m considering covering the wood in my Model S Long Range with Carbon Fiber to upgrade the look and have narrowed it down to 2 very different options:

$1,332 - RPM Tesla: 2021+ | Model S & X Interior Upgrade Kit "Go Plaid" (9 & 12 Pieces) - Real Molded Carbon Fiber

$99.95 - TWRAPS: Interior Wrap for Tesla Model S (Plaid & Long Range, Refresh) - includes Center Console, Dash, Door Trims and Cup Holders

I’ve seen bad RPM Tesla reviews on customer care, but their product looks higher end. Obviously the difference in price would validate that.

TWRAPS has amazing reviews, but will the vinyl appear cheap in comparison to the real carbon fiber from RPM Tesla?

Any help or guidance is very much appreciated!

I have been very happy with TWraps for my exterior carbon highlights, but I already have Carbon inside my Plaid. At first, I almost swapped my carbon out for someone that had the dark wood look, because I thought it was much richer. But, in the long run I’m glad that I kept the carbon.
My recommendation moved to be order either a sample or one small Piece of the carbon sticker, to see if you like it.
I visited the owner of TWraps, since my later 2022 Plaid had the newer charge port door, so he could get the measurements for stickers. Great husband and wife team!
If I remember, right, he had a model X that had carbon over the wood.

Reactions: RyanC1384