Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installled Secret EVPE Shims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

litespeed1000

Supporting Member
Sep 29, 2023
North West Burbs
Today I Installed the anodized red EVPE shims on my new Model S Plaid with 21” Arachnid. I have a little over 800 miles on the car, the first two pictures are before and you can see about 1" of the tire is not making contact with the road. After installing (pictures3&4) and driving 20 miles you can now see the entire tire surface is now contacting the road and the tire is sitting much more flat.

The installation was pretty straight forward. As indicated in the directions only remove the two bolts indicated in the and loosen the other 4 enough to generate play. The first side took a little longer, but second side took 20 minutes removing and retorquing the wheel. I will schedule a alignment, but have to say the car drives straight and doesn't pull in either direction.

This could be the best $95 I have spent in some time. Apologize too wheels are dirty, not sure what is stuck to the one. will be getting a bath today.
IMG_4510.jpeg
IMG_4509.jpeg
IMG_4511.png
IMG_4512.png

Last edited:
I installed silvers on my car this past weekend and got it aligned today. I would recommend an alignment as my toe was out of spec (toe in) at the rear. Unfortunately, the reduction in negative camber was not 100% equal (didn't expect it to be). Other cars I've shimmed and/or used crash bolts in the past were similar. Still the rear is much improved over stock.

• Informative
Reactions: ICUDoc