Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Info on Autopilot + v7

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It sure would be nice to have access to a white paper of some sort describing more of the details of how it works.

I mentioned this in the other AP (improving already) thread, but I'm headed to NIPS in December. I plan to actively hunt Tesla's contingent, if they are there. If they're not, I'll be a little disappointed as it's sort of the king of machine learning conferences. Hopefully I can get a little more data on how it works and at least translate that to the forum afterwards.

Speaking of NIPS, anyone else in this forum going? I'm hoping to take one of those black Tesla taxis from the airport in Montreal...

I mentioned this in the other AP (improving already) thread, but I'm headed to NIPS in December. I plan to actively hunt Tesla's contingent, if they are there. If they're not, I'll be a little disappointed as it's sort of the king of machine learning conferences. Hopefully I can get a little more data on how it works and at least translate that to the forum afterwards.
That would be great and I'll look forward to your follow-up! :)

I'm back from NIPS. Great conference, and very well attended. Sadly, I never saw a single person from Tesla or Mobileye. Everyone was wearing a badge with their institution, and I did scan aggressively. That said, there were 3700+ people there. I can't say I saw them all.

On the bright side, lots of companies and institutions are working on this problem. Andrew Ng talked quite a bit about their work at Baidu on solving it. Also, quite a few people were doing this work for autonomous mining vehicles.

Sorry I couldn't provide better info.