Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Impression after spending a day with my MS in Hong Kong

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Day 1was great for awesome! Already had to challenge myself with Maritime Square car park's tight turn and Kornhill's tight upward spiral.

For Maritime, the first right turn was too tight, so I had to reverse and redo it again.

Kornhill Hang Lung spiral succeeded once with my head sticking out the window and got "Stop" and had to reverse down again for a redo. Sensors look promising, but I have onever major issue.

When car is parked on a slope facing downhill and I had to reverse uphill, the car rolls down on release of brake, but when I step on the accelerator, the car jersey backwards violently. I tried a couple of times, I could have crashed the cars both ways if I was unlucky.

So, hill hold only works to prevent roll back but not roll forward?

FYI, creep mode only works on flat grounder.

So, hill hold only works to prevent roll back but not roll forward?

FYI, creep mode only works on flat grounder.

I experienced lots of hill start when I test-driven Tesla. My test-drive started from Tesla's brand new showroom in Western District and I was allowed to drive from there to Eastern district so I had to drive up hill with lots of lunch time traffic. I use left foot for brake so lack of physical handbrake didn't concern me however it beeped me a few times if left/right foot action wasn't in sync! It took a few practices but I think it's still easier than use the touchscreen.

I experienced lots of hill start when I test-driven Tesla. My test-drive started from Tesla's brand new showroom in Western District and I was allowed to drive from there to Eastern district so I had to drive up hill with lots of lunch time traffic. I use left foot for brake so lack of physical handbrake didn't concern me however it beeped me a few times if left/right foot action wasn't in sync! It took a few practices but I think it's still easier than use the touchscreen.

How will the touch screen help for hill hold?

This is a safety feature of the car, the brake pedal should take precedence although it does have a delay to deactivating the accelerator pedal when you hit both at the same time. I have met other people who drive like this in the US, usually they had a history in racecar driving. Given how little I actually use my brake pedal I couldn't ever see myself trying to use my off foot to hit it... but it also wasn't how I learned to drive.