Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mystery to Solve! Temp and Parking Sensor Failure after heavy rain or car wash...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I never thought that RHD and LHD would be different but this is how it looks on mine, it’s 2016.1 MS.

DA2A7229-EFC5-4406-97A4-B01018BEB1AA.jpeg

298FBDA4-F131-4A97-8A2C-B50A66437879.jpeg

48 hours later and the car is working 100%. External temperature reading and stable/ correct. All autopark functions working as designed.
I'm very confident that it was entirely due to this wiring harness.
Huge thanks to the service team at Winchester, UK

48 hours later and the car is working 100%. External temperature reading and stable/ correct. All autopark functions working as designed.
I'm very confident that it was entirely due to this wiring harness.
Huge thanks to the service team at Winchester, UK
Hey Toby, one more question. Did they say the cable was damaged? Or the connector? Did they show you the issue?

Thanks.

Frank

Sadly, I didn't get to know what was at fault (cable or connector). It was just swapped out to cater for any failure associated with the harness.
No problem. Just thought I'd ask to see if maybe the wires somehow lost insulation by rubbing together or against something versus the seal on the connector gone bad.

Glad it is back to normal for you!

Cheers.

I have been to the Winchester service centre today and have had my car repaired. The temperature sensor is now working and correct, the autopark warned is off and the function is working well. I am pleased report that the car is back to full function again!
The technician notes:
Removed front fascia
Inspect harness
Installed replacement harness
Reinstalled fascia
Tested part assist
External temp displaying correctly on dash also

It appears that it was the wiring harness at fault and once replaced the external temperature sensor was fine. This also corrected the autopark issue.

I wish you the best of luck with getting your wiring harness changed and your problems being resolved too
Toby
Congratulation!
I also have the same problem with outside temperature reading incorrectly. I have a question for you. Before this temperature reading issue developed, did anybody touch your car or repair your car?
Thanks!

Congratulation!
I also have the same problem with outside temperature reading incorrectly. I have a question for you. Before this temperature reading issue developed, did anybody touch your car or repair your car?
Thanks!
Does it always read wrong, or only when it rains / you wash your car? And for me, no on repaired my car. It has been doing this for a long time...