Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I pulled the trigger on a Model 3 today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I finally did it! Ordered a M3 LR RWD 18" wheels and FSD. I want to thank the entire community on this forum. By reading some reading here, I found the knowledge that was essential in getting just what I wanted and armed me with all sorts of good information. In fact, my OA (Nashville) told me today I could not order a LR RWD any longer. I tried 3 times to tell him that I could. He asked if I wanted the AWD or the SR+. I told him neither and said good-bye. He calls back in about 5 minutes apologizing and took my order. He did have to enter as an AWD along with a change order. Tesla updated my account in less than an hour to the LR RWD.

Now the wait begins...

I'm curious to see how your wait is given you're bucking the trend of either SR+ or AWD models. Hopefully your wait isn't too painful, I'm almost exactly a month into my wait and they just delayed my delivery date 2 weeks, sigh. Best of luck!

Well I finally did it! Ordered a M3 LR RWD 18" wheels and FSD. I want to thank the entire community on this forum. By reading some reading here, I found the knowledge that was essential in getting just what I wanted and armed me with all sorts of good information. In fact, my OA (Nashville) told me today I could not order a LR RWD any longer. I tried 3 times to tell him that I could. He asked if I wanted the AWD or the SR+. I told him neither and said good-bye. He calls back in about 5 minutes apologizing and took my order. He did have to enter as an AWD along with a change order. Tesla updated my account in less than an hour to the LR RWD.

Now the wait begins...
Huh so they still make new LR RWD? I was told by two different employees that they only could offer what is remaining. And if they aren't being made, does that mean buying the FSD mean they will take the old inventory and update to HW3?

I'm curious to see how your wait is given you're bucking the trend of either SR+ or AWD models. Hopefully your wait isn't too painful, I'm almost exactly a month into my wait and they just delayed my delivery date 2 weeks, sigh. Best of luck!
Wait you have been waiting 1 month for a LR RWD? It has only been 10 days for me, came today for some hope and the. I read this! Not good...

Can’t understand how it makes sense for Tesla to prioritize SR+ over LR RWD if the LR brings in more profits ...

Huh so they still make new LR RWD? I was told by two different employees that they only could offer what is remaining. And if they aren't being made, does that mean buying the FSD mean they will take the old inventory and update to HW3?

Let me guess...did you go to Fashion Island and speak to some employees that look like they just graduated from high school?

• Funny
Reactions: linkster

Now the wait begins...
Congrats! I also just ordered a the same config in MSM. I find these forums useful although I laugh and scratch my head when someone says the OA or Tesla

Now the wait begins...
Congrats! I ordered same in MSM a couple days ago. Here’s to both of us enjoying a delivery by end of June.

Reactions: torontohm3wait
Congrats! I also just ordered a the same config in MSM. I find these forums useful although I laugh and scratch my head when someone says the OA or Tesla

Congrats! I ordered same in MSM a couple days ago. Here’s to both of us enjoying a delivery by end of June.
So you got LR RWD MSM Black 18” and have a delivery date before the end of june? Honestly that was what I was wanting from the beginning but couldn’t justify myself doing the extra 10k for the second motor. But for 5k with still premium interior and battery it was my perfect choice. I might change my order to that. (I have the same configuration as well but SR+, ordered a week ago without a VIN or delivery date). Do you have a vin?

Now the wait begins...
Good on you!

Wait you have been waiting 1 month for a LR RWD? It has only been 10 days for me, came today for some hope and the. I read this! Not good...

Can’t understand how it makes sense for Tesla to prioritize SR+ over LR RWD if the LR brings in more profits ...

If you follow the order tracker stickied up top, you'll notice that generally speaking, deliveries are most highly correlated with color selection. Anecdotally, within a week of my order for a white/black Performance, tons of MSM ones started showing up in inventory, could have had one right away. Folks who'd been waiting between 2 days and a month started taking delivery (MSM). The queue for white was small, but now it has gotten longer. I've been waiting a month, but expect delivery this comiing week given the communication I've had over the past few days.

Huge disclaimer, I'm in Canada. Even though I'm just a 20 minute drive from the border with Washington State, it tends to make everything take twice as long. That being said, a week wait is very unrealistic for Tesla, maybe like 2-3 weeks would be what I consider fast if you live in Cali or something.

For what it's worth, the sales guy said that they were told that any orders in by May 31 WILL be delivered by June 30. I am hopeful that Tesla is highly motivated to make this happen to have a really good Q2 sales report. Also, I am counting on the $3,750 tax credit. We shall see...

Reportedly there are NO LR RWD in inventory in the Southeast. That was the first thing they checked. But they are being made still as evidenced by my purchase order sitting in my Tesla account.

Reactions: MpowerSkills