Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I picked up my Model 3 SR+ - here's a quick video on the day, the process and my first drive!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AlternateFlux

Former Vendor
Jun 29, 2019
UK

So I still have a load of thoughts as to the whole thing... But here's my quick little video of the day, my first thoughts and general waffle.

I'm not doing these videos for anything other than fun and to learn a little about the whole YouTube thing - I very much have a face for radio - so please try not to be too personal in your comments ;p

But that said, I thought a little review of the day, and my first thoughts of the car might be useful to some...

Great - thanks for the video. Looks just what I'm hoping for.
As you say it's a vehicle which is great. I've had an A4, BWM 325 and am now in a Golf which has been brilliant ( apart from the NOX !)
I tried an iPace before ordering and to me it felt like it's trying to be an old comfy chair that moves; which is relaxing until you remember the price. The cost on the 3 sounds like it goes where is makes a difference. On range, performance, safety, driver assist and then that roof !

It's going to be a long two weeks before I collect mine.

Reactions: 1 person
Good watch, thanks for posting and very glad you’re happy with the car. I’m also picking up in Birmingham (eventually) and will have a similar 2 hour train journey to get there.

Where exactly in Birmingham is it, is it the Tesla SC or a different location? I see you got an Uber but is it also walkable from New Street?

Good watch, thanks for posting and very glad you’re happy with the car. I’m also picking up in Birmingham (eventually) and will have a similar 2 hour train journey to get there.

Where exactly in Birmingham is it, is it the Tesla SC or a different location? I see you got an Uber but is it also walkable from New Street?

About a 10 min drive from New Street. Probably 25 mins walk, maybe.

Uber was £6.

And it's NOT the service centre... I thought it may have been but it's a place solely for delivering the cars.

Hi
Should be picking up my SR+ on 4th September from Birmingham as well. Just been glancing at the Owners Manual - suggest that there is no reach and rake adjustment on the SR+ steering wheel - can you please confirm as it also said no auto folding mirrors but I see yours does! Grateful for clarification

Hi
Should be picking up my SR+ on 4th September from Birmingham as well. Just been glancing at the Owners Manual - suggest that there is no reach and rake adjustment on the SR+ steering wheel - can you please confirm as it also said no auto folding mirrors but I see yours does! Grateful for clarification
I think Reach and Rake is all electronically controlled on the screen, so there is no individual controls

Hi
You have to be parked I think (not tried driving doing it!) - Was just shown yesterday by the Delivery guy yesterday.

In your profile (or settings somewhere) you can adjust the steering wheel up and down and in and out using the roller buttons on the wheel. You then save it to your profile. Yep Auto fold mirrors when you walk away do work and they auto go down on reverse to see the kerb line :)

Also you get (Although it may get disabled in the future) heated seats to all (Yep all 5 seats!)

SR+ picked up yesterday

Yep Auto fold mirrors when you walk away do work and they auto go down on reverse to see the kerb line

I been thinking about this whilst waiting for my SR+, when I reverse up my drive I'd rather look how close the wheel arch is to the wall rather than down at the tyre, I guess the answer would be to have a separate profile that matches your main profile with the only change being the position of the passenger mirror. When creating a new profile can you copy an existing one as a starting point or do you have to start from the factory default settings?

I been thinking about this whilst waiting for my SR+, when I reverse up my drive I'd rather look how close the wheel arch is to the wall rather than down at the tyre, I guess the answer would be to have a separate profile that matches your main profile with the only change being the position of the passenger mirror. When creating a new profile can you copy an existing one as a starting point or do you have to start from the factory default settings?
Ill have a look later for you and see if i can see the wheel arch Unless someone here already know?

From what i recall it does not go down too far just enough to see down to where the kerb/parking line is. Also it will depend on your height and how you sit in the seat.