Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I bit the bullet and bought a .... Volt.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess I can understand that, but the two superchargers that I am most familiar with, Woodstock and Grimsby, don't really suffer from that issue. The SCs are slightly out of the way but I wouldn't think they are far enough away that they create potential safety issues.
Actually the Woodstock one she has mentioned, since it is the one we have used the most. Being down the hill from the hotel, at night it is a bit away from the traffic. But to be honest it really is all in ones viewpoint. Perceived safety is in the eyes of the beholder. I think she just feels much safer in the glare of a gasoline station's smelly, well lighted fill up area with an attendant keeping an eye on her. Bit paranoid, but that is her risk perception. If we drive past a female jogger by herself she worries.:oops:

Myself, I am happy. I have not smelled gasoline for about a year now.

Perhaps contrary to rumors, the Volt receives an IIHS 2017 TOP SAFETY PICK+.

This is one step above TOP SAFETY PICK.

82 winners for 2017

It's why I bought my kids Volts. No worry about finding a charger at midnight in a strange area, but they run >90% of their miles on just electricity. It's one of the few PHEV's that do not turn on the gas engine to get full advertised performance.

My real concern would be when the Model III would be available in Canada. I figured two years from now, plus two years before I would get mine since I am down in the queue.

For Model S, Canadian Signature deliveries were 2-3 months later than US Signature deliveries. I would expect something similar.

Also they've ramped up their plans for production to higher volumes. Assuming they can achieve anywhere near their targets, I'm hopeful that people "down the list" will get their cars in a reasonable time frame.

I deliberately waited until there were 100,000 reservations before putting mine in. I figured I've done the "early adopter" thing already... don't need to do that again. I'll let them work out the early glitches first. In the meantime I have my Model S, and the extended warranty and "anywhere service" plan will keep me happy until then.

• Informative
Reactions: Canuck and Falkirk
I deliberately waited until there were 100,000 reservations before putting mine in. I figured I've done the "early adopter" thing already... don't need to do that again. I'll let them work out the early glitches first. In the meantime I have my Model S, and the extended warranty and "anywhere service" plan will keep me happy until then.
Just curious. When did you put you reservation in? Was it the night of the launch or the next morning?

I use a resistor to spoof my outside air temperature sensor on my 2014 Volt. It defeats ERDTT, and has no ther effect except for altering the outside air temperature displayed on the dashboard. I have a switch to disconnect the resistor when it is not neeeded, so that my dash display is correct,

GSP
Can you tell me where that sensor is located? I want to switch in a circuit in parallel to turn on the engine as I need it.

Sounds like a good purchase, I am also thinking of getting a Volt as a place-holder car between my soon to be crushed Jetta TDI and a Model 3. Based on Tesla's past performance and reading the tea leaves, I am thinking mid/late 2018 for a M3 reservation to be delivered (if purchased loaded). I am hoping the Volt will fill the gap nicely for 2 years.