Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I am getting a new front bumper

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2019 100D. Someone backed into me in a parking lot; thankfully, insured.

The bumper has an S-Tek PPF on it.

I have made an appt. w Tesla service and am waiting to hear from them. I would like to have Tesla order a new front bumper and have them paint it while off the car. This will avoid overspray on the rest of the car while in the paint booth. Then, I would like to wait the requisite time before applying the PPF and have that applied while off the car so that edges can be easily wrapped. Then, if mobile service can't do it, bring my car in to have the bumpers swapped. I would then need a loaner for only a day instead of a month or more.

Anyone done something like this before? I am wondering if Tesla will be willing to accommodate this logical request?

As with most vehicles, the bumpers need to be removed from the car to be painted correctly anyway so your fear of overspray should be a non issue if you aren't bringing it to some lazy shop like maaco. Just an FYI, when I needed a couple sensors that were sinking in my rear bumper repaired under warranty I was told that mobile tech wouldn't do that and I needed to go to a service center because it required removal of bumper. So I'm assuming in your situation they would make you go to service center/body shop for bumper install.