Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I am frankly shocked by how stunningly ugly the Cybertruck is

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny thing this morning. No one was waving at the Chevy avalanche I mean Chevy EV truck this AM. Went on for like 10 minutes.

I know the engineer driving it. He was off-roading with me in his Hummer last weekend. I texted him and asked him why isn't anybody waving at your truck today?

PXL_20240515_134057525~2.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Skavatar
Funny thing this morning. No one was waving at the Chevy avalanche I mean Chevy EV truck this AM. Went on for like 10 minutes.

Funny thing is I know the engineer driving it. He was off-roading with me in his Hummer last weekend. I texted him and asked him why isn't anybody waving at your truck today?

View attachment 1047380
What do you know, turns out the cybertruck is right at home at the playground.

• Funny
Reactions: Suns_PSD
I had no love for it since intro and still none in all the recent youtube videos.

It is not photogenic lol

But I kept an open mind.

Finally saw one in real life at the West Silver Springs Ocala, FL supercharger …

and it looks great :D

Personally I would wrap it in a clear PPF, just to make it easier to clean, but I actually liked it.

(cool kid white MYP in background there)

IMG_2993.jpeg

IMG_2992.jpeg

Last edited:
Are you saying you have no financial conflict of interests with regards to the success of Tesla?

Where do you get this crap from?! I absolutely have NO financial conflict of interest in whether Ford or Tesla does well or poorly. I currently drive a Ford truck (prefer GMs) but that's it.
I in no way work for either company or even a supporting company in any capacity at all.
Initially I came to this forum because I had a deposit on a CT and was shopping pretty hard for a MY used. I even made some offers on several as prices were being dropped on the new ones but bowed out because, well who knows where the bottom might be.

Last edited:
So you don't own a single share? Somehow I don't believe you.

This is "Tesla Motors Club". Not "Tesla Fanboys Club". I can and will criticize the company and its leadership when they do stupid things. Which is nearly everything they do these days.
Absolutely do but why does that matter? I also own stock in a dozen other companies but that’s an investment. Even own Rivian stock and they are a client but I still wouldn’t buy one. Was I supposed to sell it? Didn’t know that was the law.

CT is a different ground breaking vehicle meant to redefine auto design and manufacturing. I kinda love it, but unfortunately, like many daring initiatives, it's starting to become apparent that a detour like the CT is the wrong vehicle for Tesla at this time.

Tesla sales are sliding and it is not clear whether Tesla can make and sell such a unique vehicle to the mass market. The looks of the truck may not be the problem, but just the production, maintenance and repair of the vehicle is outside what owners want and Tesla can support. I fear the CT is not going to sell in enough volume to stop the sales fall and fund Tesla until it can get Robotaxis, AI and Optimus profitable.

Reactions: MD70
Where do you get this crap from?! I absolutely have NO financial conflict of interest in whether Ford or Tesla does well or poorly. I currently drive a Ford truck (prefer GMs) but that's it.
I in no way work for either company or even a supporting company in any capacity at all.
Initially I came to this forum because I had a deposit on a CT and was shopping pretty hard for a MY used. I even made some offers on several as prices were being dropped on the new ones but bowed out because, well who knows where the bottom might be.
I don't know who you are or why you're quoting a post that was in response to someone else (who did end up disclosing his financial conflict of interest)

• Funny
Reactions: Yelobird